Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Forgotten Civilization (Remake of TCB and TSS in one)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
azb
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 293
IP: Logged

File: The Forgotten Civilization Part IV.hold (523.8 KB)
Downloaded 3 times.
License: Public Domain
icon The Forgotten Civilization (+3)  
Hello everyone,

For today, I am posting a sequel to Hundred Levels of Horror, a tribute to both TCB and TSS in another hundred levels. Right now, I have only finished levels 1 through 6. I plan on adding more levels in around a couple of weeks however, so if you guys would be interested in playtesting this too that would be great. :)

CHANGELOG:

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by azb at 10-01-2020 01:40 PM : 10/01/2020 Update]
07-19-2020 at 06:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
icon Re: The Forgotten Civilization (0)  
I added levels 8 through 11 now, which I believe should be slightly more harder than the previous levels. They also introduce more monsters gradually than simple roach and queen combinations.

08-03-2020 at 11:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
KituU
Rank Points: 193
icon Re: The Forgotten Civilization (+1)  
Hi, started playing. Got to Training Base, suddenly the difficult spike here is too much, and previous puzzles were not difficult at all. The Entrance, unless i'm missing a better solution, was more than 1k moves as i killed the Slayers using the oremites, quite a nightmare. Now i'm at 1N1E and it seems it's going to be another nightmare. Is there some trick to kill slayers in bunch that i'm missing?
Edit : finished the level, the rest wasn't that difficult, it seems the entrance is too difficult though, imo

[Last edited by KituU at 08-19-2020 09:31 PM]
08-19-2020 at 08:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
azb
I didn't intend for you to have to kill the Slayers - you can simply dance around the room, and the majority of the wisps should reach you, causing their owners to line up behind you and the rest of the Slayers not to be much of a threat, allowing you to kill the other monsters.

Please request a demo if the hint doesn't work :)

However, I do notice that some of the rooms have more Slayers than is necessary for the point and probably cause many players' frustrations, so I made sure to tone them down in this update.

I also added levels 12 through 18, which are slightly more tougher than the earlier levels.

[Last edited by azb at 08-20-2020 04:44 PM : Update Note]
08-20-2020 at 04:15 PM
KituU
Rank Points: 193
Some notes as i played:

08-20-2020 at 09:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
bbb
Rank Points: 145
I went to Abandoned Building before Tech Deck, so the story played out of order.

In Training Base entrance, I killed all the slayers in about 400 moves. You can kill the slayers by jumping towards them from the oremites, or by pushing them onto the oremites, and then stabbing them. It was surprisingly satisfying to solve, after the first impression the room gave.

08-21-2020 at 05:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
azb
Okay, I got all of the issues fixed that KitU posted, and the story/plot breaking technique that bbb posted.

I am thinking for the Slayer killing method that bbb posted, I could perhaps make it a challenge, and have one challenge every five levels like I have one secret room every five levels.

08-21-2020 at 01:20 PM
azb
Hello everyone,

I got levels 19 - 22 added as well. Level 19 does not allow coming back to it without restoring since it is an intermission level, but since there are no secrets or challenges in it that shouldn't be a problem.

10-01-2020 at 01:42 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Forgotten Civilization (Remake of TCB and TSS in one)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com