Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Potential issue with CNet checking completion in rooms with seeding beacons
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Potential issue with CNet checking completion in rooms with seeding beacons (+1)  
I just beat a room (1E in Swap-O-Tron), then hit a seeding beacon to reset it for a challenge, then wanted to glance at CNet demos. However, when I did this I got the "This room must first be conquered" message, until I cleared the room again.

Once I did get access to the demos, they stayed available after hitting the beacon again. But it might be that if you clear a room, then hit a beacon before checking for demos, it doesn't properly inform the system of your room completion?
12-31-2019 at 09:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
icon Re: Potential issue with CNet checking completion in rooms with seeding beacons (+1)  
Are you sure you exited the room before hitting the seeding beacon? Even if you did, it's possible that a network hiccup prevented the demo from being sent to CNet.

You should wait for the "Nth Place" message to be displayed so you know CNet got your demo, then hit the seeding beacon and retry the room.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
12-31-2019 at 09:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Potential issue with CNet checking completion in rooms with seeding beacons (+1)  
I saw the prompt, I think it was before hitting the beacon but I'm not 100 percent sure I'm remembering that correctly. It was definitely before I hit F6.
12-31-2019 at 10:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Potential issue with CNet checking completion in rooms with seeding beacons
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com