Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : A Solution to Negative Mods
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged

File: Sample Points.png (14.8 KB)
Downloaded 65 times.
License: Other
icon A Solution to Negative Mods (0)  
If you've ever played "Kirby's Superstar" for SNES, you'll probably remember the Computer Virus boss. At the end, they showed you all the points you received during the battle. They were pointless, but gave you a feeling of "Hey! I got 4 sarcasm points! Cool!" At least it did for me, anyway.

What I want to prepose is a solution to giving people negative mods. Instead of those, there would be three different Custom Mods: Sarcasm, Off-Topic, and Anti-Social. The first would be for when a post is extremly rude to a certain place or thing, the second would be for just posting things randomly, and the last would be for offensive and downright disturbing posts.

Yes, there would be confusion when posting, so I propose a new way of adding to each of these points. Instead of just a simple 'Good and Bad' link, I would have something similar to the picture enclosed.

Only in the profile, however, will all the custom points be able to be seen. There would also be a seperate link for custom mods, and the link would show something similar to the normal one, except it would say what kind of point you received next to the link.

I'm not sure how much more coding it would take to do it, but I think it would take the fear out of getting modded down, as I know a couple of people worry about. Besides, I hate that feeling when you either receive or have to give out a negative mod. This way, people can learn from their mistakes and create more informative, more entertaining posts, and the ranking system will get used a bit more often.

11-30-2004 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Re: A Solution to Negative Mods (+1)  
Score: 3, Interesting

...actually, not really. I don't think the DROD forum should become another Slashdot. And that's where this seems to be headed, much moreso than it currently is.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-30-2004 at 01:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : A Solution to Negative Mods
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com