Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Help please (I need help with demos)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
=AZ=
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Help please (+1)  
Hi, I was wondering: is there a way of watching recorded demos without having to be on the level the demo was recorded on? If not, is there a program avalible which allows you to watch recorded demos off any level? :?

11-28-2004 at 04:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
icon Re: Help please (0)  
There's no way of doing it in-game, and to my knowledge there's no external program available. In JtRH, though, you'll be able to view demos from the level editor.

11-28-2004 at 04:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
HSE
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
:hi to the Forums, =AZ=!
11-28-2004 at 04:56 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
=AZ=
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Hi, thanks for the welcome :fun oh and thanks Fafnir for your help, its much appriciated. I assume in the level editor you just press F6 like in-game to view a demo do you?

12-03-2004 at 01:18 PM
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
You cannot, unfortunately, do that in 1.6. It may be an added feature in 2.0, so this may not stay the case for much longer.

12-03-2004 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
agaricus5 wrote:
You cannot, unfortunately, do that in 1.6. It may be an added feature in 2.0, so this may not stay the case for much longer.
No, you can only view demos for rooms where your player has been. In order to view other demos, you must first (a) advance to that point in the game, or (b) install someone else's player progress who has made it that far, then use their player to go to the room you want to watch the demo for, or (c) arrghhh....I've just come down with a nasty case of letterosis...so maybe I should stop enumerating (eletterating?) now...

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-04-2004 at 12:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Help please (+2)  
1. I no longer apologize for my numerosis.
2. All thoughts should be prefixed with sequential symbols because it prevents your thoughts from:
a. arriving out of sequence at the destination
b. arriving with duplicates
c. failing to arrive

-Erik

12-04-2004 at 12:16 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
AlefBet
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 979
So, Erik, you don't think the datagram method is more efficient for disseminating ideas? (BTW, you may consider this note as acknowledging the reception of your post ;).)

[Edited by AlefBet at Local Time:12-04-2004 at 12:53 AM]

++Adam H. Peterson
12-04-2004 at 12:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
AlefBet wrote:
(BTW, you may consider this note as acknowledging the reception of your post ;).)
It's unwise to broadcast an ACK, on certain media *cough* 802.11b broadcasts will be dropped by the link layer if the channel is congested.
12-04-2004 at 01:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Help please (+1)  
AlefBet wrote:
So, Erik, you don't think the datagram method is more efficient for disseminating ideas?
No, in long the run, it not more, because explanation additional is required to mess out the sort.

Man, we are geeky!

-Erik

12-04-2004 at 01:53 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Help please (I need help with demos)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com