Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Slayer and Bombs behaviour
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
IP: Logged

File: slayer rotation.gif (1.1 MB)
Downloaded 152 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Slayer and Bombs behaviour (+2)  
Can anyone explain the slayer behaviour in this gif to me? I was under the impression that a slayer wouldn't reorient his hook just to get around some bombs. As you can see, Beethro is well outside the range for close-range slayer manipulation.

Click here to view the secret text

01-02-2019 at 05:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
IP: Logged

File: Slayers and Bombs.hold (1.8 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Slayer and Bombs behaviour (+3)  
Okay, I did some of my own research on this, but if anyone knows more I'd appreciate the info.

It seems that slayers blocked by bombs have a regular set of rules regarding how they move.

1. Sidestep the wisp. If stepping on the wisp would cause the slayer to stab a bomb, he instead tries to step adjacent to the wisp to continue making progress along the wisp trail without actually stabbing the bomb.

2. Rotate the hook. If there are no safe sidestepping moves, the slayer will instead try to rotate his hook. He prefers clockwise rotation, but will rotate counterclockwise instead if a clockwise rotation would cause him to stab a bomb.

3. If there are no safe sidestepping moves and no safe rotation moves, the slayer will stay still without moving or rotating.

Attached is a room containing a bunch of slayers stuck behind bombs. Some will manage to escape while others will repeatedly sidestep or rotate back and forth without escaping.

01-02-2019 at 05:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Slayer and Bombs behaviour
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com