Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Twisty Little Passages (Crowdfunding project for a puzzle dungeon crawl adventure game book)
<<2345
Page 6 of 8
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1126
IP: Logged
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages (+1)  
A hold consisting of self-contained puzzles in that style, with levels consisting of either single rooms or a small handful of rooms that can be easily scouted without committing to any permanent moves, with a stat reset at the start of each level could be interesting though.

[Last edited by Pinnacle at 07-25-2019 06:50 PM]
07-25-2019 at 06:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages (0)  
Pinnacle wrote:
A hold consisting of self-contained puzzles in that style, with levels consisting of either single rooms or a small handful of rooms that can be easily scouted without committing to any permanent moves, with a stat reset at the start of each level could be interesting though.
Completely agree!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-26-2019 at 03:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages (+3)  
For those who haven't been following the Kickstarter updates, the content for Twisty Little Passages is complete and print ready. It turned out very well! I don't want to spoil content for those who want a clean experience, but you can view general details about the creative process and brief early feedback for the finished product via that KS link.

This project was a concerted team effort, in which each individual's contributions had a significant positive impact on the project as a whole. It's been very exciting for me to see the initial germ of an idea come into being as a real, physical thing -- an amalgam of many talents and skills combined in one to create something unique.

I'd like to give a special shout-out with my personal thanks to kieranmillar and bbb here on the forum, who put in a significant amount of effort, above and beyond, this past year to ensure the puzzle design is solid and engaging and the content taken as a whole is, well, flawlessly consistent. Thank you! :)

We've been putting TLP through a set of final validation steps in preparation for mass-printing these past few weeks. With any luck, validation should complete very soon and printing should begin this month. Then, after spending 2-3 more months on a boat, freshly-minted copies of TLP will arrive at our logistic hub locations for shipping out to backers and those who have pre-ordered.

I appreciate the faith in our team and the patience exhibited by all who've pledged or otherwise supported TLP along the way.

If you'd like to pre-order TLP at a $5 discount from retail, there's still time to do so here:

https://twisty-little-passages.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

[Last edited by mrimer at 02-04-2020 10:08 PM]
02-04-2020 at 10:05 PM
mrimer
Twisty Little Passages has entered the Finals of Board Game Geeks' MOST ANTICIPATED BOARD GAMES OF 2020!

I encourage you to vote for TWISTY LITTLE PASSAGES in these two categories: Solitaire and Abstract

While being #1 is a laudable aspiration, the bar is at least to get into the top 20 in these categories to be recognized, which is totally doable with a few more votes.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/269401/20-most-anticipated-board-games-2020-1500-votes-fi

[Last edited by mrimer at 02-20-2020 07:03 PM]
02-20-2020 at 06:45 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Somehow I am not surprised there's an entire category of "Train".

02-21-2020 at 12:00 AM
KituU
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 218
Hi, has books been delivered?
I arranged it to be sent to a storage place in US, from there i would get it to my country, but my whole country is in complete cuarentine, and flights suspended until september! So sadly won't see Twisty Little Passages for a very long time
05-07-2020 at 08:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
KituU wrote:
Hi, has books been delivered?
I arranged it to be sent to a storage place in US, from there i would get it to my country, but my whole country is in complete cuarentine, and flights suspended until september! So sadly won't see Twisty Little Passages for a very long time
Hi, KituU!

The books have been shipped from the printer/factory and are currently on boats heading to ports in the US, EU and AUS regions. I am given to understand they will arrive at port in a couple weeks, and from there will take a week or two to arrive at the distributors' warehouses. From there, rewards will be shipped out to backers and also those who pre-ordered. Based on this guidance, I'm guessing that books will start arriving at individual's shipping destination of choice in about a month.

05-20-2020 at 05:38 PM
mrimer

File: tlp_cover.jpg (334.1 KB)
Downloaded 692 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages (+2)  
I was excited to get some news! I just received photos from one of our fulfillment partners (in the EU) of copies of Twisty Little Passages arriving at their warehouse. They're beginning the process of packing and preparing them for shipping to backers (and pre-orders) now.

This is actually the first time I've been able to lay eyes on the 100% finished product. I think it's looking beautiful! Can't wait to receive and see it in person and share it with family and friends.

(Secreted for space)
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by mrimer at 06-11-2020 03:42 PM]
06-11-2020 at 03:41 PM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3406
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages (+11)  
I was notified yesterday that my copy shipped. It's presumably somewhere between Michigan and Minnesota now.

06-11-2020 at 08:23 PM
mrimer
Dischorran wrote:
I was notified yesterday that my copy shipped. It's presumably somewhere between Michigan and Minnesota now.
Woo hoo!

I appreciate you letting me know you received a shipping notice.

Hope you enjoy it. I'm interested in hearing whatever you'd like to share about experiencing the book when you receive it.

So excited to be at this point.

[Last edited by mrimer at 06-11-2020 11:45 PM]
06-11-2020 at 11:43 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
I also got a notice that my copy shipped!

But I'm leaving tomorrow.

For a month. D:

Hopefully I can get someone to put it in my house for me...
06-12-2020 at 01:32 AM
Dischorran
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages (+11)  
mrimer wrote:
Dischorran wrote:
Woo hoo!

I appreciate you letting me know you received a shipping notice.

Hope you enjoy it. I'm interested in hearing whatever you'd like to share about experiencing the book when you receive it.

So excited to be at this point.
It'll be in the queue with a number of other things, but I'll try to get a picture of my cat laying on it while I'm trying to solve once it happens.

06-12-2020 at 03:54 AM
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
Does anyone have any recommendation of suitable pens for this which would be available to buy in the UK?

Really looking forward to receiving this!

Progress - Gavin G
06-12-2020 at 10:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Penwielder
Rank Points: 628
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages (+5)  
Hey, my copies arrived today! I somehow got the impression that the shipping notice was unusually preemptive, so I wasn't tracking it closely, and this is therefore a surprise. It's a pleasant one, though!

I'm attempting to avoid thematic spoilers, so I'm not flipping through it in general, but it looks and feels great so far!
martz wrote: Does anyone have any recommendation of suitable pens for this which would be available to buy in the UK?
The exceedingly average whiteboard/dry-erase markers lying in my desk are doing their thing as desired. Even closing it with markings left on a puzzle works better than I would think. I admit that's not a very specific answer, though, and I might try to get thinner markers/pens one of these days for comfort.

I will note that, if you consider a given page as approximately a rectangular prism, it has four faces on which you should not draw. (Don't worry; I didn't learn that the hard way—I tested it intentionally with a mark of generally unnoticeable size.)

It's exciting! :) I'll spend some time with it before saying more.

06-13-2020 at 02:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978

File: TLP.jpg (2.9 MB)
Downloaded 481 times.
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages (+4)  
It's here! It looks fantastic! It has a really satisfying weight and thickness to the pages!

Congrats on a successful release, Mike!

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 06-15-2020 11:08 PM]
06-15-2020 at 11:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
I recieved an e-mail that my copy is on it's way.

I also received my digital copy,
I hope I'm strong enough to wait for the physical book :D

06-16-2020 at 04:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Got my physical book. It has a satisfying heft to it, and there are many nice touches and extras that follow the Caravelian "spirit of generosity". Well-made and well-delivered!

-Erik

06-16-2020 at 09:56 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages (+3)  
Challenge: Beat Area 2-3 with 4HP remaining.

(At least I think I did all the math right.)

06-17-2020 at 05:54 AM
bbb
Rank Points: 215
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Challenge: Beat Area 2-3 with 4HP remaining.

(At least I think I did all the math right.)

Good job.
06-17-2020 at 08:21 AM
JamesBond007
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 43
I just ordered the book, only digital version. How long does it take to deliver it? I got the confirmation e-mail already. When I'm ordering digital content, it usually takes maximum five minutes. Now it's twenty minutes and still no charged credit card and no book.
06-17-2020 at 08:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
karlpopper
Rank Points: 263
ErikH2000 wrote:
Got my physical book. It has a satisfying heft to it, and there are many nice touches and extras that follow the Caravelian "spirit of generosity". Well-made and well-delivered!

-Erik

I, too, received a surprising large box here in San Francisco, with a surprisingly heavy book, with surprisingly *shiny* pages, and surprisingly chunky spiral binding.

It's all pretty satisfying .... need to go and raid the childrens' bedrooms for a water-based marker.

If only this damn plague wasn't keeping me so busy, I'd try it out.

Good work Mike & team.

06-17-2020 at 09:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2379

File: 36AE919D-94C0-4D39-A776-47A5716A7BD5.jpeg (880.9 KB)
Downloaded 358 times.
My copy arrived today with markers.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
06-17-2020 at 10:03 PM
robin
Rank Points: 842
My book arrived today!!! (Belgium)
It's awesome, you did a very nice job.
If you ever make something like this again, I'll back you again :thumbsup

06-18-2020 at 02:15 PM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
robin wrote:
If you ever make something like this again, I'll back you again
I love that Mike has something repeatable here. He can come back with another book kickstarter later. He knows how to do it - has contacts with artists, printers, etc. People can also look at the success of the previous campaign and be confident about supporting future projects. And he has an ability to notify past backers of new projects.

-Erik

06-18-2020 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hoff
Rank Points: 42
Got mine today! Should have gotten two; it looks awesome and I know someone who would love it...just ordered another one, I hope I don't need to wait for a second printing.
06-18-2020 at 09:58 PM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
My TLP arrived today! (Melbourne, Australia)
06-19-2020 at 04:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Thank you for sharing!

So glad to hear of everyone's experience in receiving your KS reward from various points on the globe, and I'm encouraged by comments that you'd already be interested in backing another project! :)

06-19-2020 at 09:18 PM
mrimer
JamesBond007 wrote:
I just ordered the book, only digital version. How long does it take to deliver it? I got the confirmation e-mail already. When I'm ordering digital content, it usually takes maximum five minutes. Now it's twenty minutes and still no charged credit card and no book.
There are a couple ways to order. If it's through the BackerKit site, it likely takes me up to 24 hours to get to your order, charge it, and have a license sent over to you. Things are a bit hectic right now and I don't have an entirely automatic processing pipeline.

If you haven't received your link yet, please PM me your order info and I'll look into it.

If you order a digital version directly through DriveThruRPG, the site should process and deliver a digital download link to you within a few minutes.

06-19-2020 at 09:22 PM
JamesBond007
Rank Points: 43
I ordered TLP through BackerKit and it took three hours to charge my card. Later everything was quick and straightforward, the book arrived in a download link.
06-19-2020 at 10:19 PM
Dischorran
icon Re: Twisty Little Passages (+14)  
Mine arrived today. Markers work fine, I quickly learned to ignore the recommended notation in favor of numbering by step, and I'm escaping with plenty of life because there's clearly enough room on either side of the enemies for an expert spy to slip past without fighting.

06-20-2020 at 02:12 AM
<<2345
Page 6 of 8
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Twisty Little Passages (Crowdfunding project for a puzzle dungeon crawl adventure game book)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com