Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Cramped Confines (Well-used Space)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

6.0/10 (3 votes)
σ 0.82
Author Name:Someone Else
Submitted By:Someone Else
Hold Name:Cramped Confines
Theme:Well-used Space
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:17
Number of Rooms:17
Number of Monsters:996
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:5 (+5 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Cramped Confines.hold (54.8 KB)
Downloaded 252 times.
License: Other
icon Cramped Confines  
This is a compilation hold, and here's the intro:

On the island of Clarmus, in the city of Omus, King Dimus was building a dungeon. Or rather, making plans to build one. So he held a fair, inviting any and all architects to come with their plans. Unfortunately, being on an island, there isn't that much space in which to build. Therefore, he laid out some rules:

1) No space in the dungeon can be wasted. That is; no spaces which are empty. Bridges that cannot fall, platforms that cannot move, sister gates which cannot rise, etc. are not permitted. In addition to this, objects which contribute nothing are discouraged.

2) Each room designed must have an exit to a theoretical next level. I will build 3 levels, each more elegantly contrived than the last, but submit to me your plans for one level at a time.

3) The levels will come from different architects. However, any given architect can submit up to 3 plans, to better their chances of favour from the king. If you submit more, and don't give any indication as to which one to not consider, only the latest 3 will be considered.
07-02-2018 at 04:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Re: Cramped Confines (+2)  
Just finished this one. While I have to admit that I had mixed feelings about many of the rooms and a couple of them were not to my liking, I also just want to say that Someone Else is totally awesome for pushing this through to publication after 6 years! Here's a bunch of hold Karma!

I'll also mention that if you do plan to try this one out, be warned that many of the entries prevent you from returning to the hub immediately, and some of them prevent you from returning to the hub if you enter them after already having cleared the room. So if you clear a room and go right back in to check the high scores you'll be stuck and have to restore. So make sure to hit a checkpoint in the hub every single time you're there so you don't have to replay the last 600 moves on a certain entry like I did!

07-19-2018 at 02:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Cramped Confines (Well-used Space) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com