Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 25, 2W
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
butsam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
IP: Logged
icon Level 25, 2W (0)  
I've checked for other posts on this room, but they don't seem to help any. Anyway, on Level 25, Twice West, I am having difficulty seeing how to make it so the 'Neather is not stalemated. I can do the room just fine other than the stalemate. How do I avoid stalemate?

Sam
06-08-2003 at 12:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Level 25, 2W (0)  
Run away..... :D

No, I mean it literally - if you were the 'Neather, would you want to stay in your little chamber forever? (Don't forget, he is an opportunist)

06-08-2003 at 12:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Ah, when seemingly pointless has point.

06-08-2003 at 01:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
butsam
Rank Points: 114
Ahhh, alright, it all makes sense now! Thanks guys :) I kept trying to see it IN ADVANCE, like trying to make the doors configured in such a way as to trap the 'Neather, and so on. How crazy :) (I like it!)

Sam
06-08-2003 at 04:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Drizzo
Rank Points: 179
I myself just figured out a way to kill the 'Neather by
Click here to view the secret text
felt kinda gypped by the his survival, seeing as we were playing his kind of chess, I should be able to get a checkmate... alas, glad at least I can continue on to my victory, hopefully. Thanks for the hints, y'all.

BTW when I grow up, I *SO* want to be the 'Neather

[Edited by Drizzo on 03-05-2004 at 09:36 PM GMT: So as not to reveal challenge solutions]

03-05-2004 at 06:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Drizzo wrote:
I myself just figured out a way to kill the 'Neather by guiding one of the goblins to the force arrow... felt kinda gypped by the his survival, seeing as we were playing his kind of chess, I should be able to get a checkmate... alas, glad at least I can continue on to my victory, hopefully. Thanks for the hints, y'all.

Yes. That's a well known bug with Level 25 - in fact it's one of the challenges in the Challenges board to kill the 'Neather in this room.

03-05-2004 at 06:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
wasn't there a time when you could kill the 'Neather in 5 of the rooms on that level?

03-05-2004 at 09:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
selotte
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
I have Heather so I can kill him, but it dos not work, the writing said it is not impossible to kill him in this level. Why, and can it be done?
02-13-2005 at 11:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
It can't be done because it would sort of ruin the next few levels, as well as the story and the ending. You get to kill him later anyway.
02-13-2005 at 11:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
selotte
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
selotte wrote:
I have Heather so I can kill him, but it dos not work, the writing said it is not impossible to kill him in this level. Why, and can it be done?[/
I ment neather, of couse
02-13-2005 at 11:35 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 25, 2W
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com