Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Jonathan Blow financial support for indie games
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
CrazyDiamond
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 38
IP: Logged
icon Jonathan Blow financial support for indie games (+3)  
Hi everyone!

I don't know if this is the right place, but anyway I need to share these important news which could be of very high interest for DROD devs.

Jonathan Blow, a guy which you probably know for his games Braid and The Witness, has recently created a new post on The Witness blog, since he's offering grant support for independent game designers to work on grid-based puzzle games.

http://the-witness.net/news/2018/03/3450/

Copy paste from the blog:

"[...] puzzle games that take place on a discrete grid where the interesting gameplay comes from unique rules governing the behavior of the objects. These games may involve block pushing, or they may be about manipulating more-complex objects that occupy grid squares."

So this sounds like 100% DROD, also it's a pity that no one in the indie game scenario knows about this game, if only Blow knew about this game I know he would love it instantly and spread out the word, this would not also benefit the development of a new game, but the sales of the past games as well, much more that you can possibly imagine, Blow is one of the most influential indie developer ever.

Please devs, apply for this grant, it's a pity you did one of the best puzzle games ever (and trust me, I played dozens of them which sold much more) but you never got the right media exposure.

Regards,
H.

[Last edited by CrazyDiamond at 03-29-2018 08:40 PM]
03-29-2018 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Jonathan Blow financial support for indie games
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com