Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : ATOTK making a hidden statment?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Heroinefan
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon ATOTK making a hidden statment? (0)  
Just curious but in old ATOTK, original, when you click to talk on the sea and other things you get a remark, even if its a recycled remark, that applies to all of the same type/areas through coding.

Yet, when you click to talk on the sky, except for one area were you get enter sandman by Metallica, (very cool btw) you get no ones there, or no one to talk to remark.

Is this an intentional statement on conventional mainstream religion, or lack thereof these days? Maybe I'm overthinking it though.
10-21-2017 at 04:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: ATOTK making a hidden statment? (0)  
Heroinefan wrote: Maybe I'm overthinking it though.
Yes, you are :smile

The sky is simply not interactable in any of the rooms. This is not a conscious choice, it's simply plausible that a lake or sea should give a reaction (e.g. when trying to fill a bottle from it) and the horizon does not. I think it is common to graphical adventure games.

10-21-2017 at 10:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Heroinefan
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
icon Re: ATOTK making a hidden statment? (0)  
Radiant wrote:
Heroinefan wrote: Maybe I'm overthinking it though.
Yes, you are :smile

The sky is simply not interactable in any of the rooms. This is not a conscious choice, it's simply plausible that a lake or sea should give a reaction (e.g. when trying to fill a bottle from it) and the horizon does not. I think it is common to graphical adventure games.

Except in kq6 and kq2, in agdi remake you get quit a few cheeky remarks there, one can even try to, talk/grab the moon. I actually kept clicking around expecting Nietzsche.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 10-22-2017 04:31 PM]
10-22-2017 at 04:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : ATOTK making a hidden statment?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com