Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : high scores for rooms (and levels) I've never been to
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ghira
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon high scores for rooms (and levels) I've never been to (0)  
I've just noticed that caravelnet shows me as having high scores for rooms down to JTRH level 22, when I've never been deeper than level 18.

Clearly there are more important problems in the world than this.
But is it a bug somewhere? or a recycled userid, or something?

This may also apply to holds other than JTRH. This is the one I've noticed it in.
12-29-2016 at 07:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405
icon Re: high scores for rooms (and levels) I've never been to (0)  
Click here to view the secret text

Of course there might be an actual issue with high scores appearing out of nowhere going on. I don't know. :(
I just figured I'd share a possible explanation that came to my mind.
12-29-2016 at 08:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ghira
Aquator wrote:

Of course there might be an actual issue with high scores appearing out of nowhere going on. I don't know. :(
I just figured I'd share a possible explanation that came to my mind.

If I "restore" in JTRH (played in the TSS engine, migrated via player file from previous computer) it doesn't offer to restore anywhere later than level 18, and I'm pretty sure I've never been deeper than level 18. I imagine I'd know if I'd been to level 22.
12-29-2016 at 09:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405
Fair enough :) I just wanted to share my idea, since it seemed like such a coincidence that the last scores you had in level 18 before 2016 are dated to 26-08-2014, the same day your first score in level 19 is shown to be, with all of the skipped rooms being technically skippable through the warp staircase. I really didn't mean to be rude :)
Sadly I have no idea what might have caused this to happen, though :(

[Last edited by Aquator at 12-29-2016 09:58 PM]
12-29-2016 at 09:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ghira
It was a fair question. I had wondered about such things myself which is why I checked what "restore" offered me.

I guess I should check KDD and TCB to see if odd things show up for them too.
12-30-2016 at 07:30 AM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
I grabbed a couple demos, one from Level 14, one from Level 21, and they appear to be made by the same Player. I would be pretty shocked if this were a bug on the server.

01-02-2017 at 03:27 PM
ghira
Thanks for checking. I've looked at some of the room maps below 18th level and none of them are ringing any bells. Ah well. Maybe I did a bunch of stuff I've completely forgotten about and for some reason my current computer doesn't know about any of it. This isn't worth looking into any further.

Thanks all.
01-02-2017 at 07:33 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : high scores for rooms (and levels) I've never been to
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com