Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Merge player files? (Combine into Steam)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
IP: Logged
icon Merge player files? (+1)  
So, in the past I've played the standalone versions of all DROD games, and now I've got all of them activated on Steam.

However, I now have one player in Steam that has completed GATEB and KDD, and I have a saved player file from the standalone JTRH that has completed JTRH.

Is there a way to combine the two? If I import the save file, I end up with two identically-named players that each have one game completed; I would like to have a single player that has everything completed (so I can hunt for challenge rooms without having to re-do everything).

11-16-2016 at 10:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Merge player files? (+2)  
If you open the standalone JTRH installation and go to the Choose Player screen, there's an Export Saves Only option. Use that, and import the resulting file into the Steam installation.

That will merge all your saves from the JTRH player into the Steam player (so you can restore to wherever), but it doesn't bring across recorded demos or user-made hold authorship.

[Last edited by Tuttle at 11-16-2016 11:15 AM]
11-16-2016 at 11:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: Merge player files? (+1)  
Thanks, that worked.

11-16-2016 at 12:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Merge player files? (Combine into Steam)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com