Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : The Spacetime Kerfluffle (Puzzle Mixups and Temporal Distortions)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.4/10 (7 votes)
σ 0.90
Author Name:Xindaris
Submitted By:Xindaris
Hold Name:The Spacetime Kerfluffle
Theme:Puzzle Mixups and Temporal Distortions
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:2
Number of Rooms:21
Number of Monsters:146
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:2 (+2 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: The Spacetime Kerfluffle.hold (18.4 KB)
Downloaded 356 times.
License: Other
icon The Spacetime Kerfluffle  
The only entry to the "The Ultimate Hold" contest, and as such the contest was canceled. But I put a lot of work into this little hold and wanted to show it off anyway. Features an implied storyline, 7 major puzzles and 2 minor ones, and a little interlude with a strange custom element.
10-29-2016 at 03:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 618
icon Re: The Spacetime Kerfluffle (+1)  
If you are looking for a good, fun and relatively challenging hold but you don't have much time, this is perfect. This hold features various puzzles with different elements and all of them are fun, even the hardest ones.
Also, the strange custom element mentioned above is strange indeed, but quite interesting and it's worth seeing it!

10-29-2016 at 03:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
It's also worth mentioning that all the puzzles in here are relatively short, under 700 moves for even the longest of them, and most of them are only a couple hundred moves long or shorter.

This entry is a spiritual sequel to Xindaris' earlier contest entry to DROD Standard, "The Negotiator's Challenge", but it looks like the design has evolved a bit since then - smaller rooms, more focused goals, but still plenty of interestingly tricky execution challenges here.

10-29-2016 at 04:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lucky Luc
Rank Points: 1215
Are you still traumatized by some of the, um, more tedious rooms from Xindaris' First Hold? Well, by now at the latest it's time to get over that, cause this is a really good hold!

The story is neat and contains a lot of the quirky humour I'm sure DROD fans enjoy. All of the puzzles are fun and contain either clever lynchpins or interesting executions or both, and none of them are spoiled by being too tedious. And the second level is, well, definitely worth getting to. Basically, this hold shows the potential that was visible in the architect's earlier efforts actually unfold (though I bet it can still unfold even further).

The rooms are tricky, but not overly so; I was able to solve the entire hold within an afternoon. Giving it 8 fun / 7 brains.
10-30-2016 at 10:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : The Spacetime Kerfluffle (Puzzle Mixups and Temporal Distortions) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com