Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Bastet highscores ! (Now on Windows, too (Bastard Tetris))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
IP: Logged
icon Bastet highscores ! (+1)  
Hi

This is perhaps not a good idea to post this... You won't play this game on Windows unless you are capable of compiling the source code.

BASTET - bastard tetris , is a game which is deceptively similar to plain tetris. The only difference is that it gives you (almost) the worst bricks possible at the moment, thanks to nasty algorithm.

It has a special place for showing you next brick you won't get ! And strangely, in 90% cases at least, it's the most fitting.
-------------------------------------------------------

So how far can you get ? My highscore at the moment is 6 (six) lines cleared, and I'm proud of it.

Ah, wait ! The link !
http://happypenguin.org/show?bastet

[Edited by b0rsuk at Local Time:04-11-2005 at 12:14 PM]

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
11-12-2004 at 09:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Bastet highscores ! (0)  
'Tis a shame this is a Linux-game only... :(

11-12-2004 at 03:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
I got our school's Administrator to install it, and WOW...is it good. I've reached 7 a couple of times, but have yet to get further...

11-20-2004 at 11:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
b0rsuk
So far Bastet is available only as source code package, but I think it can be compiled with Windows, too. Of course windows doesn't come with compilers preinstalled and it needs some work to get started. There's free and fairly good win c compiler called DJGPP.

Anyway, I'll beat you soon.

11-22-2004 at 11:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
DJGPP is a DOS port of gcc (well, at least it was last time I checked), so it may not work well on newer Windowseseses... Cygwin (windows port of gcc + linux-like runtime) should work better :)

- Gerry
11-22-2004 at 04:18 PM
HappyMutant
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 36
Wow, that game has sprained my head.

18 lines. I'm going to walk away slowly now, so I don't put a hole through my laptop.
11-22-2004 at 10:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
b0rsuk
icon Re: Bastet highscores ! (+1)  
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
'Tis a shame this is a Linux-game only... :(

Not any longer !

Another game, Abandoned Bricks, has Bastet as one of possible game modes. So download it and show us how good you are ! I challenge thee !

04-10-2005 at 12:31 PM
bisby
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
my high score is 61. second best was 55. then 50, 47. and then lots of low 40s and upper 30s
05-08-2005 at 05:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Bastet highscores ! (Now on Windows, too (Bastard Tetris))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com