Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Official Word on transferring DROD games from other distribution channels
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon The Official Word on transferring DROD games from other distribution channels (+3)  
I'd like to quote the official stance on the matter of adding games bought outside Caravel to your forum account to avoid any confusion in the future:

After 2015, Caravel will not be able to support manually linking up foreign orders to user accounts on the Caravel Forum..

Because it's already 2016 (or beyond) the official and unofficial stance is that this is impossible. We'll have to turn down any request to add games to your account, I am sorry.

You can find more details about it in the newsletter from December 2015.

08-21-2016 at 07:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: The Official Word on transferring DROD games from other distribution channels (+1)  
If you are aware of any places on the forum where mrimer, Schik, me, or any other moderator or caravel staff member says it's possible, please send me a link and I'll modify the post to avoid any future confusion.

08-21-2016 at 07:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Smiling Spectre
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: The Official Word on transferring DROD games from other distribution channels (0)  
Hello, skell.

As I see in newsletter, linked by you, it was planned to add Steam keys for "other distribution channels". I am long-time fan of DROD, as I played some free version in the start of 2000s (Architect Edition? I cannot remember), so got pack as soon as could afford it, from Indie Gala... quite a long ago already. No keys since that. Well, I am happy to have offline versions, but Steam I like better. :)

I contacted Gala recently, and they confirmed that they awaited the keys... and actually they awaiting is quite long too.

Can you cast the light over this issue? Will be the Steam keys on the Indie Gala, and if yes - then when?
10-29-2016 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5054
icon Re: The Official Word on transferring DROD games from other distribution channels (0)  
As you said, I don't believe we have Steam keys set up for Indie Gala. I'll double-check on the status of that.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-31-2016 at 04:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Smiling Spectre
mrimer wrote:
As you said, I don't believe we have Steam keys set up for Indie Gala. I'll double-check on the status of that.
Thank you, mrimer. What is the result of checking?
11-04-2016 at 07:40 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5054
They don't have them up yet, but it should happen in the next couple days.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-05-2016 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Smiling Spectre
mrimer wrote:
They don't have them up yet, but it should happen in the next couple days.
Great! Thank you!
11-06-2016 at 04:58 PM
Himloia
I have no idea about it:?

11-10-2016 at 08:51 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Official Word on transferring DROD games from other distribution channels
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com