Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Annie's Half-Finished Hold (Rattlesnakes / Hot Tiles & Mud / Shallow Water)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.4/10 (8 votes)
σ 0.99
Author Name:Luke
Submitted By:Lucky Luc
Hold Name:Annie's Half-Finished Hold
Theme:Rattlesnakes / Hot Tiles & Mud / Shallow Water
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:4
Number of Rooms:33
Number of Monsters:63
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:4 (+4 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Annies Half-Finished Hold RC2.hold (17.8 KB)
Downloaded 418 times.
License: Other
icon Annie's Half-Finished Hold  
So here are some old rooms of mine that never left the architecture board. This was originally supposed to be a pretty large hold with five full puzzle levels, but that will never happen, so just have the two finished ones :)

No plot here, just a few puzzles and a pretty open structure. Medium to upper medium difficulty, I guess. I think some of the rooms might not even be too bad.

Thanks a lot to blorx1 and Red-XIII, who tested this hold and found a lot of unintended solution way back in 2013 when this was originally posted on the architecture board. You're awesome!
07-02-2016 at 10:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Annie's Half-Finished Hold (+1)  
Well, I'm a little over half-finished with this hold so I figure it would be an appropriate time to comment on it. This is definitely a super fun hold and worth checking out. The focus here is definitely on tricky linchpin puzzles. And the puzzles are terrific! Very well crafted. They are by no means easy, but very satisfying to solve. This is the most enjoyable set of tricky puzzles I've seen in quite a while.

As for the content, this hold was mostly made before TSS so you won't see any post 5.0 elements in it. That being said, the hold definitely assumes that the player has intimate knowledge of serpent movement rules, movement order, and a couple of other advanced things like brain path-mapping. It's probably best to have played through Advanced Concepts before attempting this one. If you are fairly comfortable with those mechanics though you should definitely try this one out!

07-05-2016 at 07:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 623
icon Re: Annie's Half-Finished Hold (+1)  
I remember very well testing this hold, I had a lot of fun and it's definitely recommended if you seek for a good challenge while still having fun.

Infact, the thing I liked most is that even though some puzzles are quite hard and require precise execution, they never gave me the feeling of frustation, so well done!

08-04-2016 at 10:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Annie's Half-Finished Hold (Rattlesnakes / Hot Tiles & Mud / Shallow Water) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com