Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Like Grains In An Hourglass (Relatively low-level time clone manipulation)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.4/10 (5 votes)
σ 1.62
Author Name:Jeff_Ray...
Submitted By:Jeff_Ray...
Hold Name:Like Grains In An Hourglass
Theme:Relatively low-level time clone manipulation
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:17
Number of Monsters:592
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:3 (+3 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Like Grains In An Hourglass.hold (13.9 KB)
Downloaded 480 times.
License: Other
icon Like Grains In An Hourglass  
After the behemoth of a project that was Homeward Adventure, here's a much smaller and easier hold to digest! It revolves around time tokens rooms that aimed to be somewhat open-ended enough to give the player some breathing room in execution. This was somewhat achieved, though some rooms are more precise. But you shouldn't need to mess with your time clone's time stream much, if at all.

This hold was inspired by Temporal Anomaly of TSS, my favourite level in the hold and IMO the best use of time tokens I've seen.

Tester credits in the hold. Sorry if I missed anyone!

Enjoy!
-Jeff_Ray ===
05-07-2016 at 07:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2384
icon Re: Like Grains In An Hourglass (+1)  
I definitely appreciate the motivation behind the creation of this hold.:)
Timeclone rooms require weird thinking, and there 's plenty of puzzle potential even without having to disrupt the prior time stream.

A good timeclone room is constructed so that excessive rewinding/replaying isn't required. The rooms here do a good job of keeping each puzzle tight without getting too crazy. Nice job.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
05-09-2016 at 11:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Like Grains In An Hourglass (+1)  
This hold has some great timeclone rooms, and none of them require complex execution, which I appreciate. It's not even all that large a hold, so you don't have much excuse to not take a look.
05-18-2016 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Like Grains In An Hourglass (Relatively low-level time clone manipulation) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com