Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Undo erases unexplored rooms from minimap
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
IP: Logged
icon Undo erases unexplored rooms from minimap (0)  
A mildly annoying quirk that I noticed while playing in 1.2.6.295

First play any hold and make a save with some rooms explored that will appear on the minimap in future playthroughs. Then load any save or start a new game.

Now pressing undo or 'R' will erase all inherited rooms from the minimap. This only happens if you do it during the first room after loading. Undo and restart stop having weird side effects after entering another room.

As a temporary workaround reloading a save gets the rooms to reappear on the minimap.
03-26-2016 at 11:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
icon Re: Undo erases unexplored rooms from minimap (+1)  
I'm not experiencing this issue in 1.2.6.300

I do have one more observation about unexplored-on-minimap rooms, but I'm not sure if it belongs to bugs or feature requests. Namely if you do a scouting run and immediately quickload, rooms don't get added to the minimap. It makes sense because there's no need to generate a "Continue" save if you don't go to the menu, but I've watched a newer player not get any scouted rooms saved on the map because of it.
03-30-2016 at 04:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
icon Re: Undo erases unexplored rooms from minimap (+1)  
The fix appears to be working. I made an empty level in build 301, explored a bunch of rooms and everything stayed on the map after quickloading :thumbsup
04-03-2016 at 10:37 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Undo erases unexplored rooms from minimap
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com