Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Feyglin's Descend (A more down to earth effort at hold building)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Lucky Luc
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1215
IP: Logged

File: Feyglins Descend.drh (16.2 KB)
Downloaded 72 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Feyglin's Descend (+3)  
As much as I'd like to work on my magic hold, I have a feeling it makes more sense to learn the ropes of RPG hold building now. So I've started making this.

It is pretty old school, at least regarding scripting (only some cut scenes, custom monsters and an inventory script), but there are some things that haven't been done often before but which I really like. The most obvious is that it's a no backtracking hold, since I really like the idea and DCoD worked out pretty well in my opinion. Other things are secreted as they might be a bit spoilery and you might want to discover them yourself first:

Click here to view the secret text

I'm not really sure if the direction in which I want to take the plot will work out, but I guess I'll just have to see. So far, it's a pretty standard "stalwarts have bigger mouths than swords" theme.

I must admit I'm not entirely sure how the whole RPG architecture process works, but it seems like a good idea to post what I've got so far now and wait for feedback and stats before designing the next level.

So yeah, I hope you like this more traditional effort. :)
03-06-2016 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: Feyglin's Descend (+1)  
My end of Level 2 stats:

03-07-2016 at 12:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
Enjoyed this so far! Stats with both accessories:

03-07-2016 at 03:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Apart from the Gel puzzle I'm enjoying this. It's no good to add a hard-core execution puzzle with such a high reward in a RPG hold. One small potion (15 HP), would be a good reward. I don't want to solve that puzzle, but I seem to miss out on a lot of HP :(

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 03-07-2016 08:17 PM]
03-07-2016 at 08:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
icon Re: Feyglin's Descend (0)  
I solved it once, and then saved the solution so I don't have to solve it again. ;)
03-07-2016 at 10:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gordius
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 91
Got to the end, but without the second accessory. I think I can improve to get there, but won't worry until there's more content.

My one complaint is making the first accessory your backpack means that either you get it, which is hard, or you're forced to find random places to use any others you get along the way. I understand the premise of making all the accessory challenges difficult, but I would suggest making just this one closer to the difficulty of the boss (and then maybe remove some of the health behind it).
03-10-2016 at 12:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
icon Re: Feyglin's Descend (+2)  
Oh, and perhaps it should be "Feyglin's Descent"? Just asking in case that was what was intended.
03-10-2016 at 06:40 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Feyglin's Descend (A more down to earth effort at hold building)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com