Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Steam, Linux, DataPath.txt and libSDL2-2.0.so.0
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dandy
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon Steam, Linux, DataPath.txt and libSDL2-2.0.so.0 (0)  
Hi there !

I was waiting for a Steam release to start playing the DROD series on my linux notebook (32 bits). But launching the game proved to be quite a problem.

At first, the game simply didn't launch from steam or terminal. However, it did launch and run fine through Wine (so I knew nothing was terribly wrong on my computer).

Here is a link to the forum thread where I got helped from DezzTech.

To sum it up, it was solved by:
-: reinstalling libSDL2-2.0.so.0 even though it was on my system but badly referenced I guess ? Not quite sure. But reinstalling worked, so... good enough :)
-: changing the DataPath.txt in the ~/.local/share/Caravel/drodrpg-1_0 folder. There are 2 entries in this file: the first one was correct but the second address was incorrectly pointing to .../DROD RPG/Bin/linux-i686/Data. I replaced it with .../DROD RPG/Data .
-: shortcircuiting the drod executable that steam launches (found in .../DROD RPG/) so that it links to the drod file in .../DROD RPG/Bin/linux-i686 .

You can see a detail of all the error messages I got from terminals and popup error boxes in the thread I linked.

Everything seems to work now but the issue is probably worth investigating a little bit for other users.

As a side note, I think that the Caravel network is not advertised enough on Steam (no mention on the Store page and no Stickied discussion). Just saying :P
02-27-2016 at 10:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Steam, Linux, DataPath.txt and libSDL2-2.0.so.0 (0)  
I've posted a response to your other two threads on this issue. We've resolved the issue in the Steam Linux configuration of DROD RPG.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
02-28-2016 at 12:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dandy
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
icon Re: Steam, Linux, DataPath.txt and libSDL2-2.0.so.0 (+2)  
I uninstalled and reinstalled to check if everything was right... and it is !
Thanks for the very fast response !
02-28-2016 at 08:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Steam, Linux, DataPath.txt and libSDL2-2.0.so.0
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com