Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Oddity in the Holds Board and Page (A difference in difficulty?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon Oddity in the Holds Board and Page (0)  
When I was looking at the Holds page, I noticed that some of the difficulty ratings on the holds page are different from the ones on the holds board, the two I noticed being the difficulties of "A Quiet Place" and "Bavato's Dungeon".

Is this a bug caused by differences in the rounding process of votes, or is it intentional?

10-29-2004 at 12:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Oddity in the Holds Board and Page (0)  
Check to see if it matches up to either the voted difficulty or the author's difficulty. I'm sure it's one of those.

10-29-2004 at 12:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Check to see if it matches up to either the voted difficulty or the author's difficulty. I'm sure it's one of those.

Someone voted for "A Quiet Place", so this no longer applies to it, but for "Bavato's Dungeon", no difficulty ratings correlate at all. I rated it 8.5, the average is 7.5 on the board, but only 7 on the page.

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:10-29-2004 at 12:50 AM]

10-29-2004 at 12:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Maybe some of Erik's rank points are making their way back to DROD.net, though slightly confused.

10-29-2004 at 08:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
agaricus5 wrote:
Someone voted for "A Quiet Place", so this no longer applies to it, but for "Bavato's Dungeon", no difficulty ratings correlate at all. I rated it 8.5, the average is 7.5 on the board, but only 7 on the page.
That's odd. I've been out of town for a few days and just got back, so I'll look at this when things settle back down.

11-01-2004 at 03:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Oddity in the Holds Board and Page (A difference in difficulty?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com