Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Game Settings section
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
lepke1979
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
IP: Logged
icon Game Settings section (+2)  
The game settings screen has shown improvements over the various iterations of DROD. But there are two areas I thought would be nice to see at least in future versions/patches of DROD should they ever come about.

Room Lock: This is a great feature. But I only found out about it because I saw someone mention/show it in a let's play. I don't see it in the key remapping screen. If it's in the help file, I didn't see it. Would be nice if this had at least a mention on the settings screen.

Game settings screen: Tool tips of some sort would be nice, if not encouraged.

For instance, if room lock was there, something explaining what it does. Since just looking at Room Lock with a check box wouldn't mean much to me.

For an option that does exist, Tarstuff Alpha. I assume this has something to do with tar transparency? If that's the case, a tool tip or something saying what it means would be great. Possibly even an image of tar showing you what the slider is doing to it.

EDIT: Of course after I make this post, I find what shift does in the help file. In any event, stuff like this I feel should also be laid out in the settings section.

[Last edited by lepke1979 at 01-15-2016 04:00 AM]
01-15-2016 at 01:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Game Settings section
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes