Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : DROD series review on kolenka.su (russian)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DezzTech
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 327
IP: Logged
icon DROD series review on kolenka.su (russian) (+2)  
So I just found this via my mysterious ways of finding stuff on the internet

http://kolenka.su/blog/reviews/smertelno-opasnye-komnaty-smerti.html

I really don't have time to translate any of it but I can tell you it's a positive review. Like, really positive. Just use google translate, it'll also probably be really hilarious that way.

Oh and by the way, see the gifs in the review? They're from the wiki. Yeah, so nice and smooooooth. Good thing I remade skell's terrible quality gifs before someone used them elsewhere on the internet, am I right?

11-12-2015 at 02:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
khrusty
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
icon Re: DROD series review on kolenka.su (russian) (0)  
Deadly Rooms of Death Hazardous!
The automatic translation kind of works, and is great.
11-12-2015 at 08:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
From that URL, I see they call it "Deathly-dangerous Rooms of Death". That makes sense in Russian. Can't wait to read the review!

Edit: yes, that is a beautiful and glowing review! Big thanks to the author! :thumbsup

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-12-2015 03:34 PM]
11-12-2015 at 03:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
DezzTech wrote:
Good thing I remade skell's terrible quality gifs before someone used them elsewhere on the internet, am I right?

My gifs were awesome! Not even an elementary gratitude, what is becoming of the kids/people/whatnots these days :no

Oh well, glad the review is good :). Too bad I don't know Russian.

11-12-2015 at 03:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
MekaGem
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
icon Re: DROD series review on kolenka.su (russian) (+5)  
Hi! I'm the author of this review. Never expected it to be mentioned here. I really appreciate your attention.
DezzTech wrote:
I really don't have time to translate any of it
I think it's easier to write a new review in english than to translate this one. Anyway, it really is hilarious to read it through the google translate. The last paragraph is a pure madness ^_^
mrimer wrote:
From that URL, I see they call it "Deathly-dangerous Rooms of Death"
This is a translation I made up myself. In russian localisations the title never got translated. I ended up at this one because it makes a good abbreviation in russian.
skell wrote:
Not even an elementary gratitude
Fixed that. Totally forgot about it in the heat of finishing the review (all those shenanigans with HTML markup, duh).
Btw, the last gif was a nightmare — it had way too many frames and got corrupted whatever I tried. In the end I had to convert it (dropping every second frame) to use in the review.
No idea on how you wizards managed to make it load correctly on the wikia.

[Last edited by MekaGem at 12-11-2015 01:45 AM]
12-11-2015 at 01:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DezzTech
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 327
icon Re: DROD series review on kolenka.su (russian) (+1)  
MekaGem wrote:
Btw, the last gif was a nightmare — it had way too many frames and got corrupted whatever I tried. In the end I had to convert it (dropping every second frame) to use in the review.
No idea on how you wizards managed to make it load correctly on the wikia.

Really? I didn't have any problems with it, I just uploaded it and it worked. Is this really something that can happen just because a gif has too many frames? Because other than that, it's made in exactly the same way as all the other gifs on the wiki. And I often see gifs that are, like, thousands of frames but they look just fine to me.

And by corrupted, do you mean something like this:

This seems to happen to some gifs when they are resized, maybe that's the issue? On the review page all the gifs look resized to me, except the last one.

12-11-2015 at 06:31 AM
MekaGem
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
DezzTech wrote:
And by corrupted, do you mean something like this:
Yes, this is the way it looked like. I suspected resizing to be the issue, but this never happened to other five gifs and changing resolution didn't fix it for the last one (I tried different versions of the file from the wiki too). Maybe it's the site engine doing something shady or just me being all thumbs with html. Well, anyway, my workaround somehow solved the problem, so there's no need to worry about it.

[Last edited by MekaGem at 12-11-2015 11:34 AM]
12-11-2015 at 11:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : DROD series review on kolenka.su (russian)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com