Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Two Custom Character requests (Speech mood and Player Role sounds)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
IP: Logged
icon Two Custom Character requests (+2)  
Two things I feel would improve the character system graphically and story-wise:

1) Ability to provide extra images in the avatar next to the "normal" portrait to indicate Happy, Angry, Nervous, Striking, and two Player Role only faces: sleeping and death.

Death could also be a separate strip of faces apart from the normal sheet, so as to provide animation sprites, a la Beethro's death. If no death image is added next to the standard batch, then the neutral face is played, like how it currently operates.

2) Ability to set player role sounds, such as room clear, bumping, tired, pit or briar-teetering, character-click sayings, and death sounds. If none are provided, then they use the base character's normal sounds, as currently operating.

The sounds would be an extra menu next to avatar and tile sprites, with a button bringing a pop-up menu with the different sound types for player roles. Then you click the sound category, click "import sound", and import the sound under the menu category (either Wave or Ogg Vorbis.)

The sound menu might be complicated at first, but I always wanted some way to have a female-voiced sword role, instead of the masculine voices of Soldiers, Stalwarts, Beethro, Gunthro, Guards, and Slayers playing whenever I died or cleared a room.

[Last edited by azb at 10-25-2015 09:05 PM]
10-25-2015 at 09:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Two Custom Character requests (Speech mood and Player Role sounds)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com