Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 2 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 2 West (0)  
Hey. There's only one topic that I can find about this room with the old version of the dungeon (I played it long ago right back when it was still "Architects' Edition".

It's hard enough as it is, though I know pretty much what to do (apart from surviving, there's the difficulty of getting just one goblin to a room.)

BUT... The optional challenge. "Drop all trapdoors before any creatures die"? I just can't seem to manage that because the goblins that are a long way away from you end up jumping into snake rooms whether you like it or not... So how does one manage it?
09-01-2015 at 05:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 2 West (+1)  
Don't let goblins get a long way away from you in the first place. Gather them all up, and go for the trapdoors outside the serpent area first. I think there are a few places where you can get them caught on trapdoors safely, other than that you want to keep them close and avoid the serpent area until absolutely necessary. Only the northwest trapdoor requires you to get any closer than the edges of the serpent area, so go for that one last.
09-01-2015 at 07:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 2 West (0)  
It's the gathering them all up that is a problem: several of them start at opposite corners of the room to you, and jump into snake rooms whether you like it or not along the way... I can't work out a sequence of moves thats actually prevents the goblins who are already in the snake area, jumping onto one of the arrows on the way to you.

[Last edited by JLE at 09-02-2015 08:47 PM]
09-02-2015 at 08:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4592
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 2 West (+2)  
The two western goblins are the problem. Goblins try to move to whichever of their eight adjacent squares is closest to you (unless it's adjacent to your sword, but the sword isn't relevant here). The NW goblin must go above the second snake pen, so you must get high enough that he thinks (8,1) is closer to you than (7,3). Then you must stay at that level long enough to lead the west-edge goblin above his snake, then move south so the NW goblin doesn't go into the third snake's pen. During all this, a goblin will be close to you, so think about your initial sword direction so as to keep him at bay.

09-02-2015 at 09:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 2 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com