Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : The Room of Humility (The Room From Hell)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.4/10 (15 votes)
σ 1.74
Author Name:rj
Submitted By:blorx1
Hold Name:The Room of Humility
Theme:The Room From Hell
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:1
Number of Monsters:13
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:15 (+15 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: The Room of Humility.hold (2.2 KB)
Downloaded 750 times.
License: Other
icon The Room of Humility  
A one room hold that I made a while back and finally got around to publishing. In hindsight, it's not exactly the best at accomplishing what I wanted from it, but it's still a solid brick wall.

Have fun.

Thanks to mxvladi and Doom for playtesting and finding lots of broken things.
08-09-2015 at 03:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: The Room of Humility (+1)  
Solved. My 1947 move demo is nowhere near optimized, but I got it done on the day of release and am the first to record a score for it, which is turning into a bit of a tradition for me with blorx's rooms.

Although the solution was just filled with ridiculous steps. I considered at least three things that were actually impossible before hitting on the first big lynchpin, and even once I figured that out I had to work out several other tricks. Then in the end, I worked out the final step that was stumping me by sheer chance. And I made a few things more complicated than they needed to be along the way.

But it was a win, and probably the single most satisfying room I've ever solved. Because of that, I feel obligated to give it 10 Fun and 10 Brains - it really is that hard, but it's also very satisfying to solve if you're up for the challenge.
08-10-2015 at 04:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: The Room of Humility (+1)  
Wow this is hard hard hard, but many hours later (about 5-6 hours solving time for me, I'd say), I finally did it!

I think if you're going to make a room that's this difficult, then sticking it in a hold entirely by itself is probably the best way to do so. So top marks for doing exactly that blorx.

I want to congratulate the design of this room. It's funny how initially you think "oh this is quite easy" before you get right to the end and come to the realisation that no, it's not actually that simple, then as you try to logically work out what you need to change and work your way backwards, you finally come to the first step and... oh, that's not possible either. And so the hunt begins to figure out what exactly you're missing, and then when you do figure out you come across a number of wrinkles when you try to actually pull it off. Every time you think you've made a breakthrough, something else is causing you a problem. It's very well done.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 08-30-2015 11:02 PM]
08-30-2015 at 11:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2379
icon Re: The Room of Humility (+2)  
It could only come from the mind of blorx.

"I figured out all your tricks! Why won't you let me leave??!"
-BeethroBudkin07 while LPing this room

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
12-10-2015 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gabrieloup
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 3
icon Re: The Room of Humility (0)  
It has been done. Something that's harder than Beethro's Teacher. It exists. IT LIVES! IT LIVES!!

Jesus. This hol... ROOM is really hard. I bet that even Doomguy with his arsenal of weapons wouldn't be able to conquer such a hellish room from hell's hell.

Unseen like Wind.
Unheard like Earth.
02-16-2016 at 04:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : The Room of Humility (The Room From Hell) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com