Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : A World in Miniature : A Simpler World : 1 South
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2435
IP: Logged
icon A World in Miniature : A Simpler World : 1 South (0)  
This is one of two required rooms I have left on this level, and I just can't seem to wrap my head around it.

Unless I'm missing something, I need all five roaches alive to hold the plates down. Somehow I was able to lead two from the lower-right side to the upper-left, but I couldn't figure out how to get the two roaches I attracted in that process into the lower-right. Since then I started over and now I have no idea how I even got two roaches into the upper-left, everything I try just leaves me with one there.

What's the trick to this one?
08-06-2015 at 06:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
blorx1
Rank Points: 920
icon Re: A World in Miniature : A Simpler World : 1 South (+1)  
Looking at this room, I just remembered how finicky it is.

Really, I think I just got rather lucky with my initial approach to the room. The big thing you'll notice with this room is that once you've gotten two roaches into one corner, you only have three left.

This makes finishing the room very troubling. I can't seem to do this any other way than what I did in my demo which is to use vertical preference to get the second pair of roaches in. Unfortunately because of the open corners at 6,13 and 18,19, you'll have a lot of trouble getting both in. The trick that I ended up using for that was to block it with a third roach that was stuck on my horizontal sword while the two roaches that were going to go for the plate followed me from the south.

I can provide a demo if it would help.

08-06-2015 at 08:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: A World in Miniature : A Simpler World : 1 South (0)  
Okay, I've been mucking around with this some more. This is my current process:
Click here to view the secret text

Am I on the right track and just missing the right moves, or should I be doing something else entirely?

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 08-06-2015 09:59 PM]
08-06-2015 at 09:49 PM
blorx1
Rank Points: 920
icon Re: A World in Miniature : A Simpler World : 1 South (+1)  
The way I've been starting the room is to

That leaves me with two following me that I can maneuver around if I

Once that's done, if you got the right set up, you can let out the third roach from the trap and have it get stuck on your sword like I described in my first post to trap the other two roaches.

08-06-2015 at 10:10 PM
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: A World in Miniature : A Simpler World : 1 South (0)  
I didn't do it quite the way you suggested, but you put me on the right track. Since it's your hold you can see my demo for yourself, I believe, but in case someone else sees this later here's a brief summary.

Thanks for the help. Wasn't quite what I did but it gave me just enough of a push to figure something out.
08-06-2015 at 10:32 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : A World in Miniature : A Simpler World : 1 South
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com