Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Highlighting system for arrows (Highlighting needs overhaul)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2386
IP: Logged
icon Highlighting system for arrows (0)  
Highlighting is confusing when there are arrows and plates (or arrows and doors, or arrows and orbs) that share a square.

It's not clear what does what, especially now that highlighting is "bi-directional" starting with TSS.
Click here to view the secret text

Jeff_Ray and Dragon Fogel make suggestions in this thread.

Arrows should show a highlight in a different color, or the highlight should be only in the shape of the arrow if just the arrow is affected.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 07-27-2015 01:15 AM]
07-27-2015 at 12:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2386
IP: Logged
icon Re: Highlighting system for arrows (+1)  
I'm going to necrobump this, because it's a continual pet peeve that remains annoying to the eyes, and makes it difficult to interpret what's going on in some rooms.

If something affects a force arrow, please highlight just the force arrow, not the entire square that the force arrow lies on.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 11-23-2020 11:47 PM]
11-23-2020 at 11:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Highlighting system for arrows (Highlighting needs overhaul)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com