Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : TIS-100 (from the makers of SpaceChem) (A game revolving around assembly language programming?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jordthro
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 100
IP: Logged
icon TIS-100 (from the makers of SpaceChem) (+2)  
This game rocks. 5 stars. 10/10. It's on steam for $7.00, but it's well worth the price of admission. Word of warning: This game does not hold your hand. It's tutorial is a 14 page tech manual from the 80's. The puzzles resemble Jahooma's logic box, although the solutions involve assembly language programming. It is a ton of fun.

It's a niche game that I figure the DROD community would probably be a part of. Enjoy.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/370360/

07-06-2015 at 10:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Znirk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 613
IP: Logged
icon Re: TIS-100 (from the makers of SpaceChem) (+2)  
Bought the game (partly on your recommendation, partly because I stumbled across it again on GOG shortly after reading of it here). A few initial thoughts:

- Agreed: This is a lot of fun, and well worth its price.

- Despite my education's putting me firmly on the humanities side of the great academic ditch, with only trivial programming experience and no experience at all programming any assemblies' languages, I find the puzzles satisfyingly challenging but not all that hard. I've solved all except two of the puzzles on the "main" grid in a few hours. Maybe the expansion campaign which unlocks at that point will stump me; I haven't looked at much of that yet. I should probably mention I'm generally not interested in optimising my solutions to puzzles: as far as I'm concerned, "solved" is good enough to move on.

- I have absolutely no idea what the (spoilery thing) which happens towards the end was supposed to represent, and how (or even if) it ties into the "storyline" so far. Would anyone like to offer their insights?
07-31-2015 at 04:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : TIS-100 (from the makers of SpaceChem) (A game revolving around assembly language programming?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com