Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Tropes: Horror Show Edition (Kickstarter for a tabletop game.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Tropes: Horror Show Edition (+1)  
A friend of mine, Tim, created this game with another guy. I'm agonized that he's close to making the kickstarter goal, but the days are dwindling.

It's a fun game where you make up a horror story based on cards that you draw. If you've played Once Upon a Time, the gameplay is similar, but this has more humor and pop culture sensibility to it. Tim's made a sweet prototype with professional artwork that looks as good as anything you'd see on a game store shelf. He's playtested it extensively, and even found a distributor ready to carry the game. He just needs to raise funds for the initial printing.

Maybe have a look at the video at the link below. If it looks like a game you'd like to play, consider backing it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/391139935/tropes-horror-show-edition-the-storytelling-party?ref=video

-Erik

06-21-2015 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tamsk
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
icon Re: Tropes: Horror Show Edition (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
If you've played Once Upon a Time, the gameplay is similar, but this has more humor and pop culture sensibility to it.

If your games of Once Upon a Time don't already have plenty of humour and pop culture, you play very differently to our lot.
06-22-2015 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Tamsk wrote:
If your games of Once Upon a Time don't already have plenty of humour and pop culture, you play very differently to our lot.
Yeah, you can play Once Upon a Time different ways. I guess I just mean that the starting content from the cards in Tropes is more oriented towards goofiness. It's possible to play Once Upon a Time in the straight style of a Grimm's fairy tale, although admittedly your way sounds more fun. Tropes purposefully relies on horror movie cliches like "let's all split up". It reminds me of Scream or Cabin in the Woods.

-Erik

06-22-2015 at 05:31 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
It got funded!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/391139935/tropes-horror-show-edition-the-storytelling-party?ref=video

-Erik

07-01-2015 at 01:52 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Tropes: Horror Show Edition (Kickstarter for a tabletop game.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com