Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Convert Walls to Hard Walls When Importing AE Holds
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RabidChild
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
IP: Logged
icon Convert Walls to Hard Walls When Importing AE Holds (+1)  
In my continuing efforts make TSS better emulate AE, I've decided to make a feature request out of a suggestion from this thread.

I love that AE holds automatically use the AE styles when imported into TSS, but the walls just don't look quite right. I'd like to see walls automatically convert to hard walls when importing AE holds, if the user has the AE styles installed.

Walls and hard walls are functionally identical, so it wouldn't affect gameplay at all. I don't think it would be too difficult to code either. There's already a check to see whether the AE styles are installed and the game already converts obstacles to wall in certain circumstances, so a similar mechanism could be used here.

And a related request: currently, the only way to stop DROD from using the AE styles when importing AE holds is to delete the styles. It would be nice if there were another way to disable that feature, or, in other words to have the AE styles installed, but not have them used when importing holds. This would mostly be useful for people who want the AE music, but not the styles, since no one seems to actually be building holds with AE styles these days. Maybe a setting in drod.ini?
03-03-2015 at 09:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Convert Walls to Hard Walls When Importing AE Holds
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com