Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Two kingdoms - get stuck? (Can it work?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Hunter
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Two kingdoms - get stuck? (0)  
Seems like a pretty cool game, and I'm playing through it. However, I am stuck. I guess that proves it is an adventure game. I don't want to just read a walkthrough.

So my question is, does this game allow one to get stuck for lack of items available in previous chapters? Because right now, everything I do gets me killed. Mr. Half fairy or whatever his name is only vaguely indicates what I'm meant to be doing, Branwyn has nothing to say...in fact, no one has anything to say save the things I have heard already.

Although I have to say there is a bit of the pixel hunt in this game, from that hole to whatever is holding up my quest. So I'm intimately familliar with the rocks and seaweed and leaves in various areas, but not what to do. After hours of searching, I slowly approach the realization that I'm not smart enough to play this game...

[Last edited by Hunter at 02-23-2015 03:11 AM]
02-23-2015 at 03:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: Two kingdoms - get stuck? (0)  
There are numerous ways to solve each puzzle in the game; while you can do something that results in sidequests being impossible to solve, the game has been cleverly designed so that it is never possible to lock yourself out of completing the main quest.
02-23-2015 at 04:06 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
TripleM is correct. Also, there shouldn't be any pixel hunts in this game (important things like the hole you mentioned have a sparkle animation to draw attention to them), so if you're currently searching rooms with a fine comb, you should consider asking for a hint in the forum here :)

02-23-2015 at 07:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hunter
TripleM wrote:
There are numerous ways to solve each puzzle in the game; while you can do something that results in sidequests being impossible to solve, the game has been cleverly designed so that it is never possible to lock yourself out of completing the main quest.

Thank you.

Radiant wrote:
TripleM is correct. Also, there shouldn't be any pixel hunts in this game (important things like the hole you mentioned have a sparkle animation to draw attention to them), so if you're currently searching rooms with a fine comb, you should consider asking for a hint in the forum here :)

How about the horseshoe I just found? Or the matches - why would one stall sell an item but the others be merely decorative? How are you going to find the coins at the tailor if not by trial and error? It's not extreme, but on the other hand things are indeed hidden from the player.

I seem to have found a bug with the comb. I can be a goblin in the camp, and some NPCs see me as goblin, others as human. Hardly fair...

[Last edited by Hunter at 02-24-2015 02:22 AM]
02-24-2015 at 01:36 AM
Hunter
This is wrong, I knew it, god damn it!

I read the part of the walkthrough about the end of chapter 5. It says

Click here to view the secret text

Is there any reason they would NOT do this? Because

I'm completely sure I've made some grave error somewhere which is making this happen, but at present I don't see what that would be.
02-25-2015 at 10:33 PM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Are you actually getting the chance to show the skull to them? If not, you might need to use another way into the camp (can't just walk straight in).
02-25-2015 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hunter
Fizzii wrote:
Are you actually getting the chance to show the skull to them? If not, you might need to use another way into the camp (can't just walk straight in).

Yeah. I
I can talk to to them, and use any item (of course, no item does anything but the skull). After that didn't work, I began my days long hunt for what I was missing - trying to
, trying to dress up as a "warrior" by grabbing some charcoal from the smith or mercenary campfire, trying to somehow get in as a goblin (which I somehow managed to do, but it seems to be a bug and it doesn't make them recognize me as a goblin), scouring the game for anything I missed, in case it somehow confers on me through magic or contrivance a way in.

In fact, I'ma record this and show you what happens. Take a couple hours, but why not, YOLO.

youtu.be/jcgT6RoTl14

[Last edited by Hunter at 02-26-2015 06:20 AM]
02-26-2015 at 01:46 AM
Hunter
Help, please! Is that right? Am I missing something? What can I do? :(
03-05-2015 at 01:15 AM
Fizzii
Sorry, didn't see your update since you edited the post - I'll check tonight.
03-05-2015 at 02:10 AM
Fizzii
Ok, something has bugged up but I won't be able to tell what has happened from the video. Radiant might be able to identify the bug if you can send a save game to him. I think the save games should be located in the game directory as agssave.###. Unfortunately, the only workaround I can imagine for now is to reload to an earlier game (possibly from when Ch5 begins(?).

I checked my own game and if you're in goblin form and you create the ice bridge, your character should change back to human (goblin camp is warded against this sort of magic). Likewise, if you're a goblin and walk into Havgan, the humans will kill you.

Edit to add: It is strange that Rashakk doesn't come out. Maybe you can try getting Morholt to accompany you to the camp?

[Last edited by Fizzii at 03-05-2015 12:26 PM]
03-05-2015 at 09:57 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
This is not a bug. Rather, Maeldun needs to know what the skull is, otherwise he can't challenge the goblins with it.

Ask Taliesin.

03-05-2015 at 10:41 AM
Hunter
Radiant wrote:
This is not a bug. Rather, Maeldun needs to know what the skull is, otherwise he can't challenge the goblins with it.

Ask Taliesin.

That's it. Of course I spoke to him before and after getting the skull, but apparently I never went to the goblin camp thereafter. I showed the skull to Taliesin several times, but it never occurred to me Maeldun needed to hear it. Rather, I thought the clue was for me.

I think it's unfortunate that you can give the game the correct solution and be killed for it - and the game doesn't stop you at the bridge to say you're not sure what to do, doesn't stop you at the camp to say that, doesn't let you retreat from the camp if you don't know what to say, doesn't explain that you don't know what to say, and doesn't make more clear that Maeldun "knows how to use the skull" after showing it to Taliesin.

Or else I obviously would have gone to the camp on one of the several times I showed the skull to Taliesin. As a player I didn't learn information from him other than "try the skull on the goblins."

MAYBE - what happened in my game was I showed the skull to Taliesin, then got killed somehow, and later proceeded to the camp without going back to Taliesin. Why would I?
03-05-2015 at 07:00 PM
Fizzii
There is an alternative solution, which you could try (Radiant said he'll look into the skull issue on our private forums).

Try seeing if you can get Morholt to help.
03-05-2015 at 08:54 PM
Hunter
Fizzii wrote:
There is an alternative solution, which you could try (Radiant said he'll look into the skull issue on our private forums).

Try seeing if you can get Morholt to help.

Thanks. As for Morholt, I'm not sure what to do there and I understand that I can't really talk to him if I didn't get the rope.

Or else I surely would have used him and not bothered inspecting plants and rocks on random screens. :P
03-05-2015 at 09:26 PM
Fizzii
Have you befriended him? His puzzles are similar to a fairy tale story.

He can take you to the goblin camp if he likes you.

And no, you don't need the rope.

[Last edited by Fizzii at 03-05-2015 09:58 PM]
03-05-2015 at 09:57 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Two kingdoms - get stuck? (Can it work?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com