Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : John Lee. This topic has been locked
New Topic New Poll
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon John Lee. (0)  
One of our forum members has done some ambitious lieing to get into JtRH beta-testing. As you might know, we are focusing on testing with new players right now. I asked this guy going by the name of "John Lee" point-blank if he had played DROD before and explained the importance of the question to us. John Lee avoided giving an answer to the question, but instead followed up with other comments that implied he was a new player, including feigning ignorance of DROD gameplay and asking if he could play the original game after finishing the JtRH demo. So he lied.

Then he gave us feedback we can't use, because it is biased either towards his experience as a veteran DROD user or his need to construct a fake new player persona. We won't continue working with this forum user on the JtRH beta. Ironically, he was high up on the list of people to contact for beta invites because of his high degree of involvement on the forum. And because he has been so involved and has generally been a positive presence, I'm doing him the courtesy of not banning him from the board and not mentioning his name.

"John Lee", we're angry about this. You've wasted hours of my time and Schik's, and potentially you would have wasted much more as we gave careful evaluation to your feedback in the context of it being from a new player. You intentionally deceived us, and it seems you think it's a clever joke and good fun to watch us react to your lies.

I don't want an apology, because I can't evaluate its sincerity. If you want to stay on the board and try to be a good member, then go ahead. No more cute tricks.

-Erik

10-07-2004 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Re: John Lee. (0)  
Any follow-up replies send to erikh at caravelgames dot net. This topic is getting locked. I don't want to have discussion about it on the forum.

-Erik

10-07-2004 at 06:23 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
New Topic New Poll
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : John Lee. This topic has been locked
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes