Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Extension of processing sequence
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4592
IP: Logged
icon Extension of processing sequence (+2)  
In KDD2.0 : Twentieth Level : 2N, Moo pointed out a problem with the current challenge scripting: in order to prevent "solutions" where you meet the conditions of the challenge but trap yourself so you can't exit, the script checks that the player is within (35,26) to (35,28) when the room is cleared. But if you kill the last monster with a mimic-placement move, this comes last in turn sequence, even after characters with a processing sequence of 9999, so the scripts won't run until the following turn, by which time the player may have moved onto the green door.

Of course, this is easily fixed in this particular room, by including the green door within the rectangle tested for. But in general, it seems it could be useful for processing sequence values of above 10000 to mean that scripts run after mimic-placement. (Currently, values above 10000 can be entered but aren't useful.)

01-01-2015 at 02:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon Re: Extension of processing sequence (+2)  
Won't be happening I am afraid. Double placement is actually a separate move (not a turn). I do think we could try to solve this with this feature, possibly by allowing to run a script right before room is left.

11-24-2020 at 12:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Extension of processing sequence
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com