Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Stuck at 'Stop, Thief! (Missing quest item)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Fafhred
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Stuck at 'Stop, Thief! (0)  
Hi, I found this game recently, and I am playing it as a sorceress.

I am stuck after having my belonging stolen by the thief.
I explored a lot, even found myself in the room which I know know to be the uspstairs room of the Thieves Lodge.

After spending a few hours trying to solve it, I went back to Desura, followed from there to your home page, and downloaded the guide.
That tells me that I was supposed to find 'a scrap of cloth on the ground'

Well, looked around for it, even loaded a game from before the theft to check, then go out right after the thief; still no scrap of cloth to be found, even checking systematically every spot of the screen on several maps, starting from the room itself.

So, is that a bug, or is it invisible ?
12-20-2014 at 08:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Stuck at 'Stop, Thief! (0)  
The scrap of cloth is for those with Animal Ken (warrior class).

Try and see if you can find a spell that might help you.

Click here to view the secret text

12-20-2014 at 08:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fafhred
I had already done that before, and the spell guided me to the door on the west which I could enter later, and later again (after the NPC was gone) I was able to use the items in the room. The same spell gave me a sequence of 5 object to use, which I did correctly without anything happening afterwards.

It was at that point that I downloaded your guide, which in turn mentioned the piece of cloth without any mention that this was only for 1 class.

EDIT: My fault on last points, I had not noticed tht there wre actually 3 separate walkthough, so just used a search on 'thief' and stopped as soon as I recognised my quest... unfortunately it was not mages first ;-)

[Last edited by Fafhred at 12-21-2014 05:28 AM]
12-20-2014 at 03:38 PM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
You need to make sure you're clicking in the right spot, particularly for the last letter (there are two drawers on the closet).
12-20-2014 at 08:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fafhred
Fizzii wrote:
You need to make sure you're clicking in the right spot, particularly for the last letter (there are two drawers on the closet).

Ok, now THAT would be what I missed the whole time, I saw the 2 antlers, but not that there were 2 separate drawers.
Will try that soon.

12-21-2014 at 05:25 AM
ConjurerDragon
Rank Points: 13
Fizzii wrote:
The scrap of cloth is for those with Animal Ken (warrior class).

Which makes me wonder why Kakra rips of a scrap of cloth only when the Heroine is a warrior. Sure only the warrior (or someone with animal ken) might actually use that piece but it would just make as much sense to use it as a focus for the sixth sense spell (e.g. just like Aurvandel uses the wooden sword as a focus for his scrying).

10-08-2017 at 11:18 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
ConjurerDragon wrote:
Which makes me wonder why Kakra rips of a scrap of cloth only when the Heroine is a warrior.
She always rips it, but not every heroine is perceptive enough to spot it.

The Sixth Sense spell doesn't have a focus. This is also why it doesn't locate Heime for you, and why you need Aurvandel's help for that.

10-08-2017 at 04:52 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Stuck at 'Stop, Thief! (Missing quest item)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com