Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : An option to disable theanimation on the restore screen (Sometimes awfully slow)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
adS
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 214
IP: Logged
icon An option to disable theanimation on the restore screen (0)  
It would be nice if the animation could be switched off. Even with less complicated rooms it is sometimes very slow (before it starts) and annoying.

[attachment]

[Last edited by adS at 11-03-2014 07:52 PM]
11-02-2014 at 10:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Moo
Rank Points: 224
icon Re: An option to disable theanimation on the restore screen (+1)  
I think it's less about the animation and more about needing to "replay" all moves up to the point you stepped on to whichever checkpoint is selected, which causes the delay. The more moves you made before that point, the longer the delay. Scripted characters make it much worse. This thread is about the same thing, and maybe also see this.
11-03-2014 at 05:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
adS
Rank Points: 214
icon Re: An option to disable theanimation on the restore screen (0)  
Hm - when I select one or several demos (for deletion) the program falls asleep.

Why? There is no need to parse the demo before I restore it.

adS

11-03-2014 at 07:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : An option to disable theanimation on the restore screen (Sometimes awfully slow)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com