Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : More Fluff : 1 East (No Fluff documentation)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263
IP: Logged
icon The Second Sky : More Fluff : 1 East (-1)  
This room is tricky if you don't know how fluff works,
and right now there's no in-game doc:
here's the Fluff Rules thread that renders the room straightforward (fluff no-brainer!).

disoriented wrote:
I've been going through The Second Sky without reading the in-game FAQ (in order to discover how things work myself), but I've been struggling with some of the rooms in More Fluff, and so would like to better understand how fluff/puffs work.

It seems that puffs seek out the nearest non-puff enemy using roach beeline movement, and will congeal into fluff if they would otherwise form a 2x2 square of puffs (instead of doing so).

What other elements kill fluff and puffs?

What determines when a puff congeals onto a blob of fluff (or not)?

When does a fluff vent dispense a puff, and when does it instead increase the size of any fluff on/near the vent, and by what degree?

Thanks in advance!

[Last edited by karlpopper at 11-01-2014 08:43 AM : Fluff Rules]
11-01-2014 at 08:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
icon Re: The Second Sky : More Fluff : 1 East (0)  
Well, I have a problem here.

Trying to get the fluffball to kill the brain: .

I cannot draw it along the corridor from outside because it inevitably makes for one of the darker squares and merges with the existing fluffcloud.

I cannot get it to go down the final corridor from (13,15) to (19,15) because, in order to get it that far down the corridor, I have had to make it follow me down the rest of the winding corridor, and - while there is, technically, space to pass it (between (12,15) and (13,16), it immediately turns round and either follows me back or merges. I cannot find any sequence of moves that makes it go down the corridor towards the brain!

I obviously cannot allow it to reach (14,15) while I am still in between it and the brain - but there's nowhere else to move or pass it in the corridor without it attempting to make for one of the dark-coloured squares...

[Last edited by JLE at 10-20-2016 05:22 PM]
10-20-2016 at 05:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4592
The last stretch would be easier if you were on the outside, but as you've seen, you can't do the entire room from the outside. Can you go inside first and then come out?
Click here to view the secret text

10-20-2016 at 07:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
cinera
Rank Points: 34

File: Fluff 1 E.png (743.3 KB)
Downloaded 36 times.
License: Public Domain
Please help.I have the puff in the corridor with the check point .But by the time I can get out to go on the west side it get stuck on the chrck point .I dont know why but at this point nothing works.
02-28-2018 at 04:59 AM
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 488
icon Re: The Second Sky : More Fluff : 1 East (+1)  
Sounds like it's getting distracted by the brain.

Click here to view the secret text

02-28-2018 at 05:09 AM
cinera
Rank Points: 34
Got it .Thank you very much

02-28-2018 at 05:30 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : More Fluff : 1 East (No Fluff documentation)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com