Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Custom Useless Weapons (Not for fighting, but for 'holding coins' in place)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
abe10
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon Custom Useless Weapons (0)  
I do not know how many of you Roachlings and Smitemasters know about an old board game called Avalanche, or the Puzzle Pirates game it inspired called Treasure Drop.

http boardgamegeek.com.boardgame/446/avalanche
and
http en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puzzle_Pirates#Carousing_Puzzles
respectively.

I would like to make a hold based on this game. I have a video of one full game if no one would be offended by me posting it. I have a start on one, but would like to know if NPCs can use custom weapons, like the dart or the laser or some random third thing. Also, as I want to see it made but doubt I will ever get around to making it, I am willing to post my room for all to see what I have so far and for others to complete it if they wanted to.

10-08-2014 at 07:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 865
icon Re: Custom Useless Weapons (+2)  
Sure. Those custom weapons are 100% a result of character scripting in the first place, so you could just have something adjacent to / originating from an NPC instead of the player.

Also, see the room Pelcho's Puzzles : First Level : 2 East in a 2.0 hold I made.

[Last edited by schep at 10-09-2014 02:38 PM]
10-09-2014 at 02:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
abe10
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18

File: Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 12.17.59 PM.png (547.2 KB)
Downloaded 75 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Custom Useless Weapons (+1)  
CRAP. That is Ingenious! I was going for a more literal view of it. Like this.

EDIT: Btw, I did download the hold after reading the above post. So far I have beaten 4 rooms. They are VERY Impressive!!

[Last edited by abe10 at 10-09-2014 09:53 PM]
10-09-2014 at 05:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Custom Useless Weapons (Not for fighting, but for 'holding coins' in place)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com