Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 1 South, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Rinaldo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 1 South, 1 East (0)  
This level has been fun, and so is this room. I thought I almost had it, but I'm stumped closing the yellow door at lower right (30,16). I can't get an eye to stand on the right pressure plate for the necessary 6 moves, or really at all -- he follows me to the brink of the water as I move east along the bottom. (I can imagine using the invisibility of shallow water to help if the eye were further west, but he's not.)

I can also foresee a similar problem with getting at the eye up in the northwest, having somebody stand on the southeastern pressure plate while I move up. It's possible that these two problems are intertwined, and I need to have two or three eyes on the loose together. But so far I'm not seeing it. A hint or two perhaps?
10-02-2014 at 12:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 1 South, 1 East (+1)  
I'm not at my pc all day so can't check my solution. If the eye is too close to you then I have two questions for you.

1) which eye are you trying to get on the plate?
Click here to view the secret text

2) where are you waking up the eye?

I hope this helps, I can give better help tomorrow if you still need it.
10-02-2014 at 12:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rinaldo
icon Re: Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 1 South, 1 East (0)  
OK, I finally got home with enough time to work on this, and I thank you for taking the time to help, but I must confess I'm finding it hard to figure out everything you said. I've been using
Am I altogether on the wrong track?
10-04-2014 at 02:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 1 South, 1 East (+1)  
Now I see why you're having so much trouble.

10-04-2014 at 05:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rinaldo
Ah. (Thank you!) Well, now I'm having a new and different kind of trouble. But that's life. Onward, I hope.
10-05-2014 at 01:51 PM
Rinaldo
After some time off, I just went back, and finally solved it. Thank you for the crucial bit of help!
10-27-2014 at 01:26 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 1 South, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com