Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Keeping It Secret! Compilation Hold and Part Two (Part Two of the Official July/August 2014 Contest)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged

File: Keeping it Secret FINAL v8.hold (114.1 KB)
Downloaded 64 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Keeping It Secret! Compilation Hold and Part Two (+8)  
So, twenty-six entries later (Boy, am I glad I double-checked the submission topic!), here we are - the compilation hold containing all of the entries.

But, I've been teasing a second part to the contest since the beginning, which I think has been creating a great deal of curiosity. So, without further ado, here it is:

Keeping It Secret! Metapuzzle

The reason I asked for secret rooms to be empty because these were there puzzle rooms I wanted to deal with. Each of the secret rooms has a mini-puzzle in it. Some may be custom puzzle written by Schik (And they're all new, for those who accidentally got a sneak peek earlier :) ), some may be scavenger hunts on our DROD Fan Site, and others are puzzles built into the room. Each of them is different, and all of them will lead you to an answer that will be decrypted once you have mastered the hold.

Disclaimer:

I unfortunately wasn't able to get any testers, so I apologize in advance if things are broken. Let me know as soon as possible, and I'll get the hold updated as soon as possible.

As well, if one of the logic puzzles isn't giving an answer when you have the puzzle correct, let me know through a screenshot or some proof you've obtained the correct solution and I can get you the answer as soon as possible.

Process:

Contest starts now, and everyone who completes it will be rewarded with twenty rank and mod points. However, the first person to complete it will be receiving three free months of CaravelNet. A little incentive to finish as fast as you can, but know that everyone who completes it won't walk away empty handed. :)

Voting will be going up later today, and remember to keep track of your scores for the entries as you go through them!

Otherwise, enjoy the entries and have fun!

[Last edited by gamer_extreme_101 at 08-19-2014 12:06 AM]
08-16-2014 at 06:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
icon Re: Keeping It Secret! Compilation Hold and Part Two (+1)  
Told you there would be bugs :)

V3 is out - one entrance had stairs leading to hold end, the other had an inaccessible secret room.

08-16-2014 at 06:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
icon Re: Keeping It Secret! Compilation Hold and Part Two (0)  
FOR URLS

Instead of typing it all out, I have made short-code URLs for them. Simply go to tiny.cc/thelast8digits of the URL. So, if the URL is forum.caravelgames.com/testurl.php?p=99&key=000000001a2b3c4d5e6f, then the URL is tiny.cc/3c4d5e6f. That should save some typing!

08-16-2014 at 07:56 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Sigh.

V4 - a couple of entries had their secret rooms marked as required.

I might make it so that every revision I have to release, the point pool for first place goes up. ;)

08-16-2014 at 08:13 PM
gamer_extreme_101
V6 is the most current version - thanks to everyone who's been finding problems with the hold.

People seem to be well on their way and having fun, which is great to see!

08-17-2014 at 12:20 AM
blorx1
Rank Points: 920
icon Re: Keeping It Secret! Compilation Hold and Part Two (+5)  
I can confirm that all entries are solvable. I cannot say the same for the hub level in its current state. I am willing to give hints for any room. Message me in chat or some other way if need be.

[Last edited by blorx1 at 08-17-2014 02:13 AM]
08-17-2014 at 02:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Hub is fixed in V7. :)

Huge thanks to blorx (I think) for finding over half the problems that existed in the original version. :)

08-17-2014 at 02:18 AM
blorx1
Managed to piece together the solution to the metapuzzle from about half the clues. I would not have wanted to go through one by one to see which ones I screwed up, so this is probably good.

08-17-2014 at 05:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
We have a winner! Less than twelve hours after the release of the hold, blorx1 has managed to solve all the entries, complete most of the puzzles those entries held, and successfully unlock the mystery. Congrats to him!

I'll remind everyone that it's not over now, and that anyone who solves it before the end of the contest period (End of the month or so) will get some rank points, so be sure to keep working on it!

Also, hints will probably be encouraged a little more now. If you need help, don't hesitate to ask!

08-17-2014 at 06:07 AM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
I'm not sure I've got the patience for entry 1 even.

Is there a voting topic for each entry?

08-17-2014 at 11:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
lopsidation
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 176
icon Re: Keeping It Secret! Compilation Hold and Part Two (+2)  
Let's get the hint ball rolling. Both because I want to fairly vote on all the entries, and because I wanna see the cool hidden puzzles. Thanks to blorx1 for helping me on #3 and #16.

Open a spoiler tag to get a small hint. Open the nested spoiler tag inside it to get a big hint.

#1:
Click here to view the secret text
#3:
#16:
#18:
#21:
#24:

08-17-2014 at 04:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
OK, I need a hint on #12 (well, I need a hint on most of them, but this will do for now).

08-18-2014 at 06:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
blorx1
Well here's a hint for 12:

12 is probably one of the hardest entries, so getting it done with will be good.

[Last edited by blorx1 at 08-18-2014 07:09 AM]
08-18-2014 at 07:08 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Ugh. Always the most basic of assumptions. Solved now :)
08-18-2014 at 08:36 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Dischorran is the second person to complete it. See guys? Totally not impossible. :)

Also, a new revision of the hold is up that adds some checkpoints to the hub level that were missing.

08-19-2014 at 12:07 AM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2379
6N1W still seems to be missing 2 checkpoints. 7N1W, 8N, 9N have one checkpoint, but most other hub rooms have two.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 08-23-2014 06:50 AM]
08-23-2014 at 06:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Having a first try at this and it's obviously impossible which is a great start :) I'll comment more after I complete #1 but for now I'm enjoying being baffled

(and if I am missing some interaction between briar and fluff I've missed then please do let me know otherwise I will just enjoy the impossibility of #1 for a while longer)
09-20-2014 at 03:00 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Keeping It Secret! Compilation Hold and Part Two (Part Two of the Official July/August 2014 Contest)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com