Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : The Living Walls : Entrance
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2386
IP: Logged
icon The Second Sky : The Living Walls : Entrance (0)  
In the list of challenges, this room has an entry for "He Came in Peace". How is this challenge achieved?

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
07-21-2014 at 02:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: The Second Sky : The Living Walls : Entrance (+3)  
Click here to view the secret text

07-21-2014 at 03:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: The Second Sky : The Living Walls : Entrance (0)  

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-21-2014 at 10:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
icon Re: The Second Sky : The Living Walls : Entrance (0)  
And I simply cannot see a way to leave without poking the walls at least once with the sword (which I assume is the stipulation required to get this challenge), due to the bottleneck at (32,10) in 1N, and the need to get into the corridor in column 31 with the sword pointing away from the keg rather than towards it.

Obviously, given the walls at (32,9) and (32,11), when Beethro stands on the space in between and is trying to move into the corridor, his sword must be either to the west of him, or to the east of him.

If it's to the west of him, he cannot avoid poking the wall on the west side of the corridor.

If it's to the east of him - he has to either move NW with his sword pointing SE, or W with his sword pointing E.

In both cases, there is no way to actually swing the sword around to point north afterwards, so as to safely move the keg with Beethro and not explode it...

I can get northwards through this room, no problem. And I can go southwards with only *one* hit on the walls with the sword... but not zero.

[Last edited by JLE at 10-17-2016 07:53 PM]
10-17-2016 at 07:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: The Second Sky : The Living Walls : Entrance (+1)  
JLE wrote:
In both cases, there is no way to actually swing the sword around to point north afterwards, so as to safely move the keg with Beethro and not explode it...

10-17-2016 at 08:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : The Living Walls : Entrance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com