Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Vote for all questions or vote for none.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Vote for all questions or vote for none. (+1)  
It would be nice if there were an option when creating polls that requires a voter to vote for all questions in the poll. Saves on a few contest-running headaches.

-Erik

09-18-2004 at 08:44 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
icon Re: Vote for all questions or vote for none. (0)  
Well, there normally isnt more than one question in a poll anyway, but I agree that it would be helpful when if you go to the trouble of setting up a large poll people actually voted for all of the options instead of just the first one.
09-18-2004 at 09:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Yeah.

I'd also like if you could answer some questions, come back, and answer more questions instead of having to answer them all at once. I'll put it on my to-do list.

09-18-2004 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
Another poll idea, and I'll put it here rather than starting a new thread.

In circumstances like the contest that's currently going on, it would be nice to be able to tell at a glance how everyone's doing. It's really quite a bit of math to crunch all the numbers manually to see where each entry stands.

09-19-2004 at 04:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
DiMono wrote:
In circumstances like the contest that's currently going on, it would be nice to be able to tell at a glance how everyone's doing. It's really quite a bit of math to crunch all the numbers manually to see where each entry stands.
Yeah, I've got something in mind for this, but I really haven't had the time to put into it lately. A new poll type will be available at some point.

09-19-2004 at 04:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
DiMono wrote:
It's really quite a bit of math to crunch all the numbers manually to see where each entry stands.
While I haven't implemented a generic solution yet, everyone can now check the current status at http://www.drod.net/forum/currentcontest.php .

Yes, Watcher has one less vote than everybody else.

09-21-2004 at 03:03 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Woohoo, last place!

The problem is that this system also allows people to view the results before voting, thereby potentially skewing the results.

[Edited by eytanz on 09-21-2004 at 02:22 AM GMT]

09-21-2004 at 03:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
eytanz wrote:
The problem is that this system also allows people to view the results before voting, thereby potentially skewing the results.
It now checks to make sure you've voted before allowing you to see the results.

Thanks.

09-21-2004 at 03:33 AM
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
Can you make it so you can edit the poll? I hate it when I make a poll and forget something.(im very forgetfull)Or I might want to add an option. :weep

09-21-2004 at 06:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
You can't view the poll results after voting. That's because seeing what other people have voted, could change your answer. If you edited the poll (for example added a new option) all people who had already voted would have to vote again. They've already seen what others have voted. Edited poll wouldn't be so accurate. Of course that doesn't apply to all type of polls. "Where are you from" or "What are your hobbies" like polls could be edited with no harm.
09-21-2004 at 06:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
Then how about making it so you can edit if noone voted? :yes

[Edited by rowrow on 09-21-2004 at 05:50 AM GMT: Made "." instead of"?"]

09-21-2004 at 06:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
Well IF noone voted then you could jsut delete the poll andf make a new one and noone would know.
09-21-2004 at 01:35 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Vote for all questions or vote for none.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com