Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : World map (Didn't knew where to post it)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
1stCortez
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 28
IP: Logged
icon World map (0)  
Does anyone know how to make a world map and everything connected to it? Sorry for posting it here but i didn't knew where to post it :)
06-22-2014 at 10:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4576
icon Re: World map (+2)  
1. Get or create an image. (As with all images used in a hold, you cannot use copyright material without permission.)

2. In the editor, above the level list is a "Maps" tab. Click "add new world map", name it, then select your image. From now on, your map is available as a choice for the destination of stairs and scripted level exits.

3. Before the player reaches stairs that go to the map, run a script of this form:
World Map Select (your map)
World Map Music (music you want to play on the map)
World Map Tile Icon Beethro, Level, coordinates
End

The "World Map Tile Icon" command places an icon on the world map next time it is viewed, and this script tells the map where that icon goes to. You can also use an Image Icon if you want to use a custom image.

06-22-2014 at 11:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
1stCortez
icon Re: World map (0)  
Nuntar wrote:
Thanks, btw is there any way to check the coordinates on image?
06-22-2014 at 11:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
Not directly in-game. You can either get there by experimentation, or MS Paint ;)

06-22-2014 at 12:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
1stCortez
Nuntar wrote:
Thanks again :)
06-22-2014 at 12:37 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Moving this topic to Architecture.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-22-2014 at 03:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1126
icon Re: World map (+1)  
Would it make sense to allow the option to choose a section of the Master Map instead of importing your own image? This would lower the barrier to entry for including maps, since the vast majority of holds take place somewhere in the Eighth.

06-22-2014 at 03:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Pinnacle wrote:
Would it make sense to allow the option to choose a section of the Master Map instead of importing your own image? This would lower the barrier to entry for including maps, since the vast majority of holds take place somewhere in the Eighth.
Yeah, makes sense. Don't have that supported at present, but architects are welcome to use any of the Master Map images on the site in their holds. Someone can place a collection here or link to one elsewhere if that would help, too.

[Last edited by mrimer at 06-23-2014 03:15 PM]
06-23-2014 at 03:15 PM
1stCortez
In what Resolution does the world map level icons have to be? :?

[Last edited by mrimer at 06-23-2014 07:25 PM]
06-23-2014 at 04:10 PM
mrimer
If they are tile/sprite icons, they are 22x22 pixels, just like the in-game tile art. These do not support an alpha channel for transparency. Rather, they use 192-grey as the transparency key color, just like in-game sprites for hold character custom images.

If you mean Image Icons, they can be of any size. These support alpha channel on PNGs.

06-23-2014 at 07:25 PM
1stCortez

File: Desktop 2015-01-06 14-56-12-806.png (856.4 KB)
Downloaded 33 times.
License: Public Domain
mrimer wrote:

If you mean Image Icons, they can be of any size. These support alpha channel on PNGs.
Some time ago you wrote that we can use official Eight Map avalible on your site but it's really small and it don't cover all of the screen. How to repair it?
01-06-2015 at 01:57 PM
1stCortez

File: Desktop 2015-01-06 14-56-12-806.png (856.4 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
License: Public Domain
mrimer wrote:

Some time ago you wrote that we can use official Eight Map avalible on your site but it's really small and it don't cover all of the screen. How to repair it?
01-06-2015 at 01:57 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : World map (Didn't knew where to post it)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com