Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Puzzle Story Games (Looking for more...any suggestions?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
butsam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
IP: Logged
icon Puzzle Story Games (+1)  
I know, we have a lot of puzzle games listed in another thread. I wanted to look specifically for more puzzle-story games, along the lines of The Fool's Errand or Planetarium. So far, those are the two I know about, but there are others right? Please post any puzzle-story games you know about (where the story progresses with puzzles)! MegaZeux and ZZT games would be close, but not quite the same as what I am looking for...Fool's Errand or Planetarium type would be right on.

Sam
09-16-2004 at 08:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nillo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
icon Re: Puzzle Story Games (0)  
Have you played Discworld?
Is that the type of game you're looking for?

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
09-16-2004 at 11:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Have you given interactive fiction (text adventures) a try? Probably you know about them, but if you haven't really looked at this genre before, then you are in for a treat. Besides the Infocom classics, there's hundreds of free high-quality adventure games out there. I would check out the annual IF Competition winners. There's nothing like sitting down with a fresh attention span Sunday morning and working through a well-written IF game.

-Erik

09-16-2004 at 08:42 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
I'm a big fan of Eric the Unready. IF with a tongue-in-cheek thrust... it's really much more than just a twist.

09-17-2004 at 03:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
I now find those annoygin because I think they are too specific. They are good if you continue throught the game doing everyhintg right, but otherwise I find them a bit annoygin...

'annoygin'? I think this is another 'mothingness'...I keep writing this instead of annoygin. I mean annoying. Dammit.

[Edited by wackhead_uk on 09-17-2004 at 07:43 PM GMT]
09-17-2004 at 08:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Puzzle Story Games (Looking for more...any suggestions?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com