Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Channel One Suite : The Catacombs : 2 South, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2386
IP: Logged
icon Channel One Suite : The Catacombs : 2 South, 1 West (0)  
Should this room be marked unscorable? I can kill all the golems but no score is registered.

Oddly, there are some high scores posted for this room already.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
06-04-2014 at 07:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
icon Re: Channel One Suite : The Catacombs : 2 South, 1 West (0)  
I've just played this and have the same issue. To add some further information, I was able to download the victory demos when I first entered the room (before I'd even solved it) and I still got 100% when I finished the hold.

I wonder if this room used to be high-scorable but isn't any more?

Progress - Gavin G
06-06-2014 at 11:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Channel One Suite : The Catacombs : 2 South, 1 West (+1)  
I was just playing through this hold and I figured out the issue.

Note that when you enter the room, it's white on the minimap. This is because it doesn't contain any monsters when the map begins; the golems are all produced from scripted characters.

If you leave the room when there are live golems, then you don't get a score because there are still monsters in the room. However! The room is considered cleared, so if you go back and defeat the golems, you won't get a score because the room was "cleared" when you entered it.

So in order to get a score recorded for this room, you have to defeat all the golems on your first visit on that save. Restoring to the room with the stairs should allow you to do this, since that room isn't clearable and has to be visited before this one.
08-29-2015 at 08:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2386
icon Re: Channel One Suite : The Catacombs : 2 South, 1 West (0)  
You are super-correct! Thanks!

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
09-06-2015 at 12:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Channel One Suite : The Catacombs : 2 South, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com