Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 22, 2N 1W
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
butsam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
IP: Logged
icon Level 22, 2N 1W (0)  
OK, so I managed to do EVERYTHING in level 22 EXCEPT the room with no monsters. I am soooo stuck! I saw the 2 hints in another topic about checking what all the orbs do, specifically the one in the top room, and I am STILL stuck! HELP! I got all the other rooms on this level fairly quickly. Can I get a bit more of a hint please?

Sam
05-20-2003 at 06:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Level 22, 2N 1W (0)  
Here is a hint:

Click here to view the secret text

See if it helps (sorry if I gave you a spoiler)

[Edited by agaricus5 on 05-20-2003 at 06:57 PM]

05-20-2003 at 06:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I thought I once read somewhere on this board that one of the motivating factors behind the level design in DROD was that someone who knew the rules of the game should be able to inspect a room and be able to beat it on the first try just through the process of deduction; i.e., no random guessing. This room is one of the few exceptions.

The Eight Gates of Bill doesn't really count, because there isn't a danger of dying or getting stuck, just taking a long time. And most rooms with orbs are either two-way or pretty obvious as to what they do. But then there's those occasional levels where you have to draw a map for yourself, or just do trial and error until you figure out the right order to hit the orbs. Those are the rooms I like the least.

IMHO, of course.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-20-2003 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
butsam
WARNING: SPOILER BELOW!

Thank you :) I finally realized the room with the arrow to the left doesn't even need a mimic in it...the first mimic goes in the 3x3 room immediately above the "trick" room! That dang room is just an illusion! :) (I think that is the same solution as what you suggested, right?) I agree that this room has been the most frustrating--it's just getting through, no guts to spread. I mean at least on the tar levels you get to make Beethro laugh incessantly over and over again when you beat the rooms the first time (by creating tar babies after the room is beaten, then killing the tar babies). But still, a majority of the levels are cool--this one is a non-moving (and very unexpected) puzzle, and that too is a good occasional break...though I'm glad the game is not largely comprised of these kinds of rooms!

Thanks again for the help!

Sam

[Edited by butsam on 05-20-2003 at 09:08 PM]

[Edited by butsam on 05-20-2003 at 09:09 PM]
05-20-2003 at 09:06 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5060
I think this is perhaps the most elegant puzzle-room in the game.
05-21-2003 at 01:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrshabi
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
OK I know which orbs open which doors. Now I can't get my 1st mimic in the room to the right. HELP
05-26-2003 at 09:19 PM
butsam
Hints (almost giveaway) below:

If you are still having trouble maneuvering the mimic, let me know.

Sam
05-27-2003 at 12:18 AM
Skylancer64
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 62
Yay! I did it. :) The only thing I needed to solve the puzzle was:

After that, the soultion was brilliantly clear. That was a very well crafted room. On to 23...

*walks around to preview a few rooms*

Aaaarrgh. I think I'm gonna hate goblins and snakes after this level... :~( :no

11-26-2003 at 02:26 PM
luckypuppy2
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
butsam wrote:
OK, so I managed to do EVERYTHING in level 22 EXCEPT the room with no monsters. I am soooo stuck! I saw the 2 hints in another topic about checking what all the orbs do, specifically the one in the top room, and I am STILL stuck! HELP! I got all the other rooms on this level fairly quickly. Can I get a bit more of a hint please?

Sam
I'm stuck too. got all the orbs and the invisible guys, in the right places I think, but the green door won't open?? what-up?
11-20-2004 at 09:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
There aren't any monsters in this rooom, so how can there be a green door? If you mean blue door, then check you've done all of the rooms.
11-20-2004 at 09:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 22, 2N 1W
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com