Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Claythro Tower : The Rooftop : 8 North, 1 East (8N1E)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Danzig
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Claythro Tower : The Rooftop : 8 North, 1 East (0)  
Okay, love, absolutly love this dungeon, but I seem to be stuck finally at this darn room. I recognize it from the origional dungeon, but I can't for the life of me remember how to do this. I'm sure that I'm just having a momentary lapse of reasoning here, but can someone please give me a GOOD hint here?

Thanks in advanced.
09-13-2004 at 06:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Claythro Tower : The Rooftop : 8 North, 1 East (0)  
Well, the biggest difference is that this room uses roach queens instead of simple roaches. (Level 19 1S 2E is the original.) So, don't think that you have basically solved it before. It's also one square larger in dimension. That's actually kind of a hint. A bit more:

Click here to view the secret text

If the orb toggles that would be useful too, since there's also an extra door on the side. I am not sure if it toggled in the original.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-13-2004 at 07:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Danzig
Hmmm, wish that helped... I looked up the Master Intellect room, and that didn't help me either, unless I'm missing some exact move/wait sequince that I just don't see. I can NOT figure out how to get any of the 3 roach queens into a killing position (I've been unable to get them to touch/cross the big + door in the middle, and I can't get any to change corners except through the door on the right of the square. I'm lost and frustrated... almost as frustrated as the bottom right tar maze in the origional dungeon (gosh I hope that's not re-visited in this tower).

Hoping for something a little more useful. thanks for the input.
:)
09-14-2004 at 01:28 PM
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
Well I assume that he means that you need to bury the roch queen in her own offspring, as you do in the master intellect room. Did he? -_-
09-14-2004 at 01:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Yes, that's what I meant...although I would have put it in secret tags.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-14-2004 at 04:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Well rate me bad and send me to alaska. Actually, if you look all over the whole forum, I have never used secret tags! I never thought of using them...
09-14-2004 at 06:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Heh, there were some big almost flame wars in the past over not using secret tags. Not as much of a concern nowadays, although some people use them still. They are there for a reason, though, and it is considered polite to use them when revealing spoilers.

Game on,

09-14-2004 at 06:18 PM
Danzig
Thanks all... whew finally trapped them suckers, what a lovely dungeon(s of death) this Tower was. I rank it as one of the best home-made dungeons I've played.
09-14-2004 at 09:04 PM
wackhead_uk
This is a test and completely :offtopic

I like the room with the massive army in it, but I got there by downloading the anyone-edit version. when I've completed KDD, I will actually try to complete some user holds for once without cheating and seeing what the level look like.
09-15-2004 at 04:31 PM
Kafka
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
I still can't see it, I just generate more and more roaches. I can kill anything in the SW room, and I can get lots of roaches to move there. But I can't get the queens in there, and I can't get in to any other room. What am I missing?

[Edited by Kafka at Local Time:11-08-2004 at 11:25 PM]

11-08-2004 at 11:04 PM
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Claythro Tower : The Rooftop : 8 North, 1 East (+2)  
Click here to view the secret text

11-09-2004 at 02:05 AM
Kafka
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
Many thanks Stigant. Got 'em at last!

11-09-2004 at 12:37 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Claythro Tower : The Rooftop : 8 North, 1 East (8N1E)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com