Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Twenty-Second Level : 1 South, 2 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
spiderlady
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon Twenty-Second Level : 1 South, 2 West (0)  
my mimic is here 1. I am here 2. I can't get my mimic to kill all the roaches in this section. I'm able to kill two bot the others go into the area with the force arrows and if the mimic goes there it will get stuck. please help. By the way it's not important but my other mimic is here 3.

[Edited by spiderlady on 09-06-2004 at 09:11 PM GMT]

09-06-2004 at 01:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432

File: KDD TwentySecond Level 1S2W Victory.demo (2 KB)
Downloaded 336 times.
License: Other
icon Re: Twenty-Second Level : 1 South, 2 West (0)  
Here's a demo but dont say anything .(this is the demo of my first time completing that room)

[Edited by rowrow on 09-06-2004 at 12:39 AM GMT]

09-06-2004 at 01:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
spiderlady
Thanks for the demo but all I want to know is what I asked. I basically know how to do the rest of the room. Anyway I don't know how to dowload other peoples demos and install them into DROD. :)

09-06-2004 at 10:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Its easy to download. Just click on the attachment and put it in a file and go in drod and go to that room. Click F6 and click import. Go to the file you put it in and there you go.

09-07-2004 at 02:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
spiderlady
I think I see what the problem is. I don't have the architects edition because there is no import button on the demo screen.

09-07-2004 at 02:08 AM
rowrow
You are 100% correct. So download right now and you will also be able to make your own holds. Also, a question for everyone, is there any reason why someone should have 1.5?

09-07-2004 at 02:26 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
Taken from Sourceforge.net:
You will find in this archive:
* Complete source code from the Caravel distribution of
Deadly Rooms of Death from 2/23/03. This is found in
the "Original" directory and is licensed under Mozilla Public
License 1.1.
* A modified version of source code from the "Original"
directory which only contains source code authored by Erik
Hermansen and Mike Rimer. This is found in the "Modified"
directory. All source code found in this directory is
copyrighted property of either Erik Hermansen or Mike Rimer.
Basically, if you were a programmer who wanted to learn about the source code in DROD, then you would want 1.5.

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 09-07-2004 at 01:33 AM GMT]

09-07-2004 at 02:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
spiderlady
rowrow wrote:
You are 100% correct. So download right now and you will also be able to make your own holds. Also, a question for everyone, is there any reason why someone should have 1.5?
Normally no but my computer for some reason can't seem to be able to download the architect edition. But I still need help with this room, If you please.

[Edited by spiderlady on 09-07-2004 at 01:47 AM GMT]

09-07-2004 at 02:46 AM
spiderlady
I already solved it. Thanks.

09-07-2004 at 04:16 AM
rowrow
spiderlady wrote:

Normally no but my computer for some reason can't seem to be able to download the architect edition. But I still need help with this room, If you please.

Whats wrong with it ? If you can't see the icon then go to any explore thingie and right click on the "DROD1_6_SETUP and go to open. But only do this after you beat 1.5 as having 2 versions can make problems. (at least by me)

09-07-2004 at 04:56 AM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
icon Re: Twenty-Second Level : 1 South, 2 West (+1)  
Not at all necessary. You can upgrade whether or not you have completed KDD.

So, download the full Architect's Edition setup file to your computer and open it. Now install to a DIFFERENT directory to that where your original game is stored (e.g. C:\\Program Files\\DRODarch).

Now, run DROD:AE. You should be asked if you want to import your 1.5 game data. Do so, and input a name where asked.

Bingo! Problem solved. You will have fixed a lot of bugs and given yourself the ability to build and play other holds. And even if it doesn't work, you should still have your old installation to go back to.

"Oook!"
09-07-2004 at 05:58 PM
Urgugg
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: Twenty-Second Level : 1 South, 2 West (-2)  
Although it has been a few years since anybody posted to this topic, I'd like to add my 2 cents nonetheless. First of all, that demo is horrible! In it, Beethro wastes a lot of time in the first part. He also comes very close to screwing up several times.

I managed to beat this room on my first try, and none of the roaches ever set foot on an arrow. However, I was able to accomplish that because, before actually attempting to beat the room, I figured out what all the orbs do and made a PNG of it. And I thought very carefully before making a move in a number of places. And when I got to the part with the 4 roaches, I made a replica of that area so I could test a plan for killing them (as it happened, the first thing I tried in the test room worked).
Despite that, I'd still say that either this room or 1 north is the hardest room on the level. It certainly took me longer that some of the rooms that took me multiple attempts to beat.

Anyway, the way I did the part with the 4 roaches was:
Click here to view the secret text

01-15-2008 at 12:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
Urgugg wrote:
First of all, that demo is horrible! In it, Beethro wastes a lot of time in the first part. He also comes very close to screwing up several times.

Although it's nice to tell the truth about something, don't rip out the fury! Give a little respect! The person that had trouble with this room get around to solving it! That means that it's a good enough demo. Beethro might have taken a while in the first part, but he did eventually get to the point. Which is good.

01-15-2008 at 04:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Twenty-Second Level : 1 South, 2 West (+2)  
It looks like Urgugg would really like to discuss the very best way of solving the room. While that's not what the Hints and Solutions board is for, it's exactly what the Challenges board is for!

Urgugg, on the Challenges board, you are most very welcome to post your own most awesome demos, criticize (politely) other people's demos, and make up your own challenges for other players to try. Here's a link to the Master List of Challenges, where you will find there are already a couple of challenges for Level 22 of King Dugan's Dungeon, near where you are now.

Have fun! :)
01-15-2008 at 04:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Twenty-Second Level : 1 South, 2 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com