Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : BiS Open-Beta (Current Build - 16)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
IP: Logged
icon Re: BiS Open-Beta (0)  
Eeep. I might reply to this when it isnt 10 o'clock.

If you get msn messenger then I can talk to you in real-time and tell you how to do it. but it takes too long otherwise.

[Edited by wackhead_uk at Local Time:11-14-2004 at 10:05 PM]
11-14-2004 at 10:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Which hold? Some holds dont have demos, and it is nothing to do with DRODis.
11-15-2004 at 11:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
The serpents are comets... I think you might be the first person to refer to them as fuzzy.

11-15-2004 at 07:26 PM
wackhead_uk
They just looked like fuzy serpents to me for a bit. They're stilll red, and comets are blue or white, so I think that is why I thought it.
11-17-2004 at 11:23 AM
Krishh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 282
Great mod. Looks very neat. I especiall like what you've done with voids and palace. However, there are things that should still need more polish:

1. The cliffs backgroud is much too busy to see anything in crowded rooms.. I'm currently doing Bavato's dungeon and Level 2 2S2E is making my eyes hurt. Also, due to this, the "floor" stands out more than the walls here.

2. The pools of mothingness that have replaced pits on many levels, while looking cool, seem unfinished, because, in DROD the pits went just straight down and were cut off, but the pools here look like , well, pools at the top side with the waves, but just plain odd at the bottom where they re just cut off.

3. Some of the statues could use a border, esecially the sanctum one.

4. A very minor annoyance is that the background (what the face of Beethro is above) is pitch black space, just as the background on the cavern style, making it sometimes hard to distinguih where the room ends.

[Edited by Krishh at Local Time:11-17-2004 at 10:11 PM]
11-17-2004 at 10:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Krishh wrote:
Great mod. Looks very neat. I especiall like what you've done with voids and palace. However, there are things that should still need more polish:
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Unfortunatly, it slipped on my list of things-to-do once school got back. I'll have some free time in a bit to finish it up.
1. The cliffs backgroud is much too busy to see anything in crowded rooms.. I'm currently doing Bavato's dungeon and Level 2 2S2E is making my eyes hurt. Also, due to this, the "floor" stands out more than the walls here.
Hmmm...Good point. I'll look into that.
2. The pools of mothingness that have replaced pits on many levels, while looking cool, seem unfinished, because, in DROD the pits went just straight down and were cut off, but the pools here look like , well, pools at the top side with the waves, but just plain odd at the bottom where they re just cut off.
The original drawing for the pits had the pools lower, but I changed it at last minute as I was fed up. The next build will have the lava sunk into the ground.
3. Some of the statues could use a border, esecially the sanctum one.
I don't want the sanctum one to have one, as it would turn it into a comic-esqe picture, taking away from the realism of it. The rest should have one though. :)
4. A very minor annoyance is that the background (what the face of Beethro is above) is pitch black space, just as the background on the cavern style, making it sometimes hard to distinguih where the room ends.
Hmmm...Do you think it would look better with a border around the game screen? That would at least separate the Background from the Game...

[Edited by Krishh at Local Time:11-17-2004 at 10:11 PM]
11-19-2004 at 10:42 PM
Krishh
About the sanctum "statue", I don't know if it should be a simple border, as that would really take away from the realism of it, but the problem with the current one is that it looks cut off with a knife at the bottom.

And I wouldn't worry too much about the black border thing, as that was very minor, and a border around the game window would help, but probably also make the background less appeling.
11-20-2004 at 08:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Krishh wrote:
About the sanctum "statue", I don't know if it should be a simple border, as that would really take away from the realism of it, but the problem with the current one is that it looks cut off with a knife at the bottom.
Could always put a nick in the bottom of it, make it look a little worn.

11-20-2004 at 12:33 PM
Krishh
icon Re: BiS Open-Beta Thread (0)  
DiMono wrote:
I have a much easier way to set up a single version of DROD to run with either DRODIS or the normal data. Just copy your Data directory, then install DRODIS in the original Data directory. The copy, with all your cool stuff in it, is untouched. When you're tired of DRODIS, just close the game, rename Data to Data-Space or something, and rename your copy to Data. That's what I did, and it works swimmingly.

It doesn't work all that swimmingly at all. The Player information and the homemade directory of everything you do since applying DRODIS stays with the DRODIS version of data, and them if you play some more with the normal version, the two versions have seperate progresses, with no way of merging them. So I'd rather stick with backuping just graphics and sounds.
11-20-2004 at 08:38 PM
sims5000
Rank Points: 117

File: Cursor.bmp (3.1 KB)
Downloaded 83 times.
License: Other
The cursor is still a sword, maybe it would be better like this
03-04-2005 at 01:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
sims5000

File: Cursor2.bmp (3.1 KB)
Downloaded 75 times.
License: Other
Or this
03-04-2005 at 01:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
To me it already had something that looks like a lightsaber. But those are cool cursers.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:03-04-2005 at 02:57 PM]

03-04-2005 at 02:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
sims5000
no, it isn't a lightsaver, its a sword
03-04-2005 at 02:59 PM
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
Your right! I checked now and I saw a sword. I have no idea why I thought there wasn't a sword. Anyone?

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:03-04-2005 at 03:25 PM: wasn't]

03-04-2005 at 03:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
For no apparent reason, I feel the need to wrap this up before Drod in space 2.0 goes into production, so I will be finishing all of the thigns I can and hopefully Gamer can help me put it together into a big final release.
04-13-2005 at 10:31 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : BiS Open-Beta (Current Build - 16)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com