Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : 1.1 Bugs This topic has been locked
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll
Poster Message
chithemonkey
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged

File: Click bug.png (409.5 KB)
Downloaded 56 times.
License: Public Domain
icon 1.1 Bugs (0)  
Howdy,

Found two odd things already.

First is that if you click in the area where the in-game cursor is in the attached screenshot, you get the error message that's showing.

The other is stranger, and might be a debug feature that didn't get turned off when 1.1 was released. When you click on the door to the closet in the guild, you can enter a number (1-24) to summon a monster to fight.
02-05-2014 at 11:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: 1.1 Bugs (0)  
Well, remind me to hire you as a tester for our next game. Since this is so quick, I can upload v1.1.1 before the day is over.

02-05-2014 at 11:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts
chithemonkey
Radiant wrote:
Well, remind me to hire you as a tester for our next game. Since this is so quick, I can upload v1.1.1 before the day is over.

Horray! Helping! I'm actually a wretched tester, I just happened to find those right off the bat...

So should I go ahead and re-download/install? Will there be a note that you've released a 1.1.1, or are you just rolling it into 1.1 and putting up the new thing?
02-06-2014 at 09:31 PM
Radiant
chithemonkey wrote: So should I go ahead and re-download/install?
Yes, please do. 1.1.1 is online now.

02-06-2014 at 09:42 PM
Nevill
When playing as a thief, if you break into Liff's hose, you can steal a pillow. If you leave with it and re-enter, Liff will have a second pillow on him.

If you put the pillow under the closet (even after the bug with two pillows), leave and return, Liff will no longer have a pillow on him (which is correct). However, if you try to pick it up, the heroine goes straight to Liff, and is subsequently poisoned.

Sigmund can be robbed through the door without opening it. He also calls for help without waking up. Come to think of it, so does Liff.

The door on Sigmund's room is missing a name when you examine it. It reads "You examine the , but see nothing special".

Alves in Nifleheim can be pickpocketed an unlimited amount of times without repercussions.
02-14-2014 at 07:45 PM
Nevill
Alviss' quest can not be finished in chapter 4, as he vanishes from the location. He is simply not present there.

Liff's quest can not be finished in chapter 4, as no one acknowledges I have paid the bridge troll.

Is fast-talking the troll supposed to work only once?
02-15-2014 at 08:17 AM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
I'm not sure why Liff says he can't get past the troll (does the heroine tell Liff that she's taken care of Fremont?). Also, does Fremont say 'Friend can pass.'?

Either way, you wouldn't be able to finish the quest once in Ch4, because if Liff was happy to go to the holt, you still need to talk to Lithrasir to take her there; and she can only come if her inn is shut up at Evening time (Ch4 is made to be permanently night).

Likewise, you shouldn't be able to finish Alviss' quest since you won't be able to travel back to Svartalfheim in Ch4. But I am not sure what you mean by him vanishing from location? If you rescued him and said goodbye, he'd walk off. Did you mean his rock formation just disappeared?
02-15-2014 at 08:45 AM
Nevill
[undefined]Also, does Fremont say 'Friend can pass.'?[/undefined]
No. I ask him to let my friend pass. He tells me to pay. I pay him. He tells me that I may pass. That is all I can get out of him. I can't tell Liff that the path is free.

[undefined]Likewise, you shouldn't be able to finish Alviss' quest since you won't be able to travel back to Svartalfheim in Ch4.[/undefined]
I can. I still have the figurine.
The rock just isn't there, yes.

Click here to view the secret text

02-15-2014 at 10:52 AM
Fizzii
You need to pay Fremont twice; first for yourself, a second time for your friend.

The figurine isn't meant to let you go to Svartalfheim in Ch4... which is funny because I tested that and the option for Svartalfheim isn't there on my character.

Anyway, I'm not sure about how to rob Snorri's house, but I think Corby came across a bug related to him always killing you in this version.
02-15-2014 at 08:44 PM
Nevill
Sorry, the figurine does not allow passage to Svartalfheim in Ch.4, this is my mistake.

Why do I need to pay Fremont twice if I am not the one crossing the bridge? He tells me that he will let Liff pass "if your friend can pay, or if you can pay for him". That implies paying only once.

I thought I could give Liff a gem so he could pay for himself, but he only suggests I sell it to Regin.

Another bug I came across: Snorri's house does not make you warm despite having fireplace. I was freezzing because I waited for the guard to go away, then, when I went inside, the icon was no longer displayed, only to immediately reappiar the moment I left the building. Usually it takes time to get the frostbite status again.
02-15-2014 at 11:01 PM
Jack Stryker
Rank Points: 13
Have you tried slowing the game speed down, when robbing Snorri's house?
02-16-2014 at 02:20 AM
Nevill
No. How would it help?

I've tried to do the sequence with all timings I could think of, including the one where I do my thing exactly when he is busy and is crouching at the fireplace. He looks up immediately and shoots me.

At this point I need a precice step-by-step guide to verify that it really works. Something along the lines 'when he passes the third step from the bottom of the ladder, click on the cabinet while in sneaking mode'.
02-16-2014 at 08:28 AM
Radiant
Nevill wrote: Why do I need to pay Fremont twice if I am not the one crossing the bridge?
Because Fremont isn't all that bright. If you pay him once, he'll assume that's for yourself.

I'm afraid that a bug in v1.1 prevents you from robbing the upstairs part of Snorri's house; we're working on v1.2 which will fix this. However, you can still complete the game, this robbery is optional.

02-16-2014 at 12:28 PM
Nevill
Fremont can count (to four, by his own words). One payment, one person crossing the bridge. And I am not crossing it.

I don't know, I only had one thing with me to pay the toll, and I assumed that it would be enough to get Liff to cross the bridge - whether by giving it to him or to the troll. This sounds like a violation of in-game logic that is in stark contrast with the rest of the game, which is why I labeled it a bug in my mind and did not think it was a feature. That Fremont explicitly uses 'or' in his dialogue further compounds the issue.

I believe it can be solved even without adding voiced lines, should you choose so.

This one is not a bug, but an annoyance, mostly: when on a quest to put an apparition to rest (to get Aurvandel to vouch for me), I can find a relevant grave by being at the location when the spirit rises back from the dead. However, at night the location is always full of undead. The ensuing fight produces corpses that block the quest item (bones) and prevent me from interacting with it, essentially stopping your progress until you return to the location during the day.
02-16-2014 at 04:18 PM
Jack Stryker
Nevill wrote:
No. How would it help?

Well, it does help at another later point in the game, when you have to collect some poison and get away quickly. If the game speed is too high, you won't be able to get away in time before you get trapped. I thought the problem you had was that you weren't getting away in time.
02-17-2014 at 12:49 AM
Mike the Wino
Maybe this isn't technically a bug, but in Chapter 3 (?) Kraka has been tossed in jail in Fornsigtuna (I have yet to get her released), but when I immediately head for the thieves den in Munarvagir, she's there, too. Does she have a doppelganger? :lol
02-17-2014 at 06:52 PM
CaptainJei
In version 1.1 I am allowed to try to create a mana potion in Skrymir's home in spite of the fact that I haven't gotten any fox fur yet. I have a save game if that would help. (And oddly, whenever I restore this save game, the right half of the screen is graphically glitched).

[Last edited by CaptainJei at 02-19-2014 09:03 AM]
02-19-2014 at 09:03 AM
Radiant
CaptainJei wrote:
In version 1.1 I am allowed to try to create a mana potion in Skrymir's home in spite of the fact that I haven't gotten any fox fur yet. I have a save game if that would help. (And oddly, whenever I restore this save game, the right half of the screen is graphically glitched).
That's because Skrymir has fox fur. However, please send the saved game so I can investigate this graphics glitch.

02-19-2014 at 10:39 AM
Psithief
+n bugs.
• If I press P (last used spell) while sitting at the Lithrasir's bar, the Heroine's pose suddenly becomes 'slipped on ice' and then running around the room thereafter shows her to be on a different layer than the tables and chairs.

• I can't give cooked fish to Kraka. Her dialogue also cuts out early when I try.

• I had perfectly legitimate business with Aurvandel, but then he told me to leave because it was night time. Upon the next screen, I was accused of being a thief by a guard and then game over! Yes, this is a bug.
This is probably because time skips forward after I play Aurvandel's little valkyrie game.

• Flame aura on adv. guild fireplace = fine. Flame aura on self, then hand on fireplace = unnecessary text about burning self after compartment is reclosed.

• If my rogue has the Flame Aura spell she has to use it before being hit by the guard's attack rather than after? This is somewhat confusing.

Mike the Wino wrote:
Maybe this isn't technically a bug, but in Chapter 3 (?) Kraka has been tossed in jail in Fornsigtuna (I have yet to get her released), but when I immediately head for the thieves den in Munarvagir, she's there, too. Does she have a doppelganger? :lol

The thieve's lodge seems to be a neglected dead end for non-rogues. Kraka's 'copy' is there forever.

[Last edited by Psithief at 02-21-2014 02:51 PM]
02-19-2014 at 02:59 PM
CaptainJei
I'd be happy to attach a save game. Will you tell me how, please?
02-20-2014 at 07:35 AM
Fizzii
Send it to me at fizzii_ish@yahoo.com and I'll make sure Radiant gets it. :)

Saved games are located in C:\Users\<User Name>\Saved Games\Heroine's Quest saved games

[Last edited by Fizzii at 02-20-2014 08:35 AM]
02-20-2014 at 08:35 AM
Jack Stryker
Speaking of the thieves' guild, I seem to have encountered a bug as well. I'm playing a sorceress and I've already gone there to get my stuff back, but my map is still telling me to go there.
02-21-2014 at 01:19 AM
Fizzii
Hmm, I wonder why that bug is still there when I saw that it was fixed in a build prior to release :\
02-21-2014 at 02:51 AM
Mike the Wino
I'm also playing as a Sorceress, I'm in Chapter 2,
When I played as a Warrior, this happened the first night I slept in Munarvagir....does this situation not happen for Sorceresses (Sorcerii?), or did I somehow miss a trigger?

EDIT: Never mind. This finally happened about the third night at Munarvagir.

[Last edited by Mike the Wino at 02-21-2014 08:55 PM]
02-21-2014 at 04:14 PM
Radiant
CaptainJei wrote: (And oddly, whenever I restore this save game, the right half of the screen is graphically glitched).
This will be fixed in v1.2. In the meantime, this glitch doesn't affect your gameplay, and goes away once you go to the next room.

02-21-2014 at 09:37 PM
xlynx
This game is not very buggy, but here's some I noticed:

1. Warrior/Skrymir challenge:

2. Heime at flower cliff:

3. Looking at the cat when it's indoors, it says its fur looks invisible against the snow? That seems a bit odd to say at that time!
4. Typo in Bonus Material Portrait section: "Canadian TV sersies".
5. When a troll chased me into the place where Alviss was standing, he turned into a Brigand! (Another time, a lindworm disappeared as soon as I killed it).
6. Not really a bug, but some responses that weren't thought of are funny. Here's the one I could remember :D

[Last edited by xlynx at 02-21-2014 09:51 PM]
02-21-2014 at 09:46 PM
Radiant
Nevill wrote: Alves in Nifleheim can be pickpocketed an unlimited amount of times without repercussions.
Please elaborate? I just tested this by pickpocketing Fafnir a few times, and after the fifth time I got arrested. Of course, if you've got low skill this will happen sooner.

xlynx wrote:
I don't quite follow you, please clarify? For what it's worth, Heime's line is "I am not going near those flowers a second time. They are dangerous!"

[Last edited by Radiant at 02-22-2014 04:01 PM]
02-22-2014 at 03:59 PM
xlynx
Radiant wrote:
xlynx wrote:
I don't quite follow you, please clarify? For what it's worth, Heime's line is "I am not going near those flowers a second time. They are dangerous!"

What I should have said is: Heime never went near them in my playthrough, so isn't that a continuity issue? Or are we just to assume he had a prior experience off-screen?

[Last edited by xlynx at 02-22-2014 04:59 PM]
02-22-2014 at 04:58 PM
Radiant
Yes, he had a prior experience with them; they're right next to Fornsigtuna, after all. This is also why Hervor warns you not to touch those flowers.

02-22-2014 at 09:36 PM
Radiant
Mike the Wino wrote:
Could you please elaborate? I'm having trouble reproducing this. A saved game (immediately after the blizzard scene) would also be nice.

02-22-2014 at 10:32 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : 1.1 Bugs This topic has been locked
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com